• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CSVT and an Acura Integra Type R

rexxdoggy

Hard-core CEG'er
If both were completely stock, how would the CSVT compare to the Type R in terms of straight line speed. Not drag. Just, both cruising around 20-25 mph in second, and then full throttle. I know that the Type R engine is only 130 hp up untill Vtech kicks at 5500 RPMs unleashing the 195 hp at the crank, but how does that compare to the CSVT? And yes, I know that Vtech is different compared to the CSVT's secondaries. But please, help elaborate

Thanks
Mike

Well, you see, half of that experiment is present. I dont own an SVT, or know anyone around here who does. So, I was hoping you guys could help :laugh:

the type R was only rated at 195hp stock. would be a race to see who the better driver is. yes, the integra is lighter. but with the right driver, the csvt might have a chance

i know the type r would win but not by much, each car has around the same displacement but after that it goes by weight. My friends fully built rsx has around 230 whp and he can beat stock sti's, evo's, and stage 2+ srt4's so weight is a huge factor in my opinion.

side note: lightly modded svts will eat the new r32

My friend has a 2001. It's pretty clean and really nice. I'll tell you what though, that car sure does pull. I also have another friend who has a 94? GSR with a fully built motor putting around 210whp. It's pretty quick and loud. He cut off his exhuast from the cat back.

I wouldn't say kill, but it would take it.

From what I read, 0-60 for the Integra Type R was 6.1 sec, and for the CSVT it was 6.5 sec.
type R's have ALOT of top end, the poster wanted to know who would win top end. ITR without a doubt. Probably by alot too.

type R's have ALOT of top end, the poster wanted to know who would win top end. ITR without a doubt. Probably by alot too.
Exactly why I posted the 0-60 times. It's obvious the Integra would pull up high, but with the better 0-60, the Integra is hands down faster.

Check the archives. =P

Check the archives. =P

Wow the age old thread...

Driver's race no matter who's fence you are on or how jaded you get. Couple tenths either way tops. If I had to pick. 51 of 100 to the ITR based on weight and the fact the CDW-27 sucks to launch. :shrug:

The ITR has the weight advantage and the SVT has CoD and flat powerband. This was the age old debate nearly 10 years ago and I always said it was a compliment to be compared to a purpose built 2 DOOR FWD track car since we were a mildly hopped up family 4 door.

...on a twisty track the ITR shows it's lighter graces and will beat a "stock" SVT. Throw a set of good struts & springs on an 95-97 SE or SVT and we hold our own then...

...just passing by now that I'm "home" again...

Back