• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

California Thread is dead.

True story... you gotta focus on the Awesome parts of the car... like new wheels and tires, sound system, intake, etc... And the paint definately isn't helping a whole lot.

I was wondering ... are BOV illegal in CA? I'm talking about the aftermarket one like Greddy
If they don't come stock on the car from the factory, they probably are just like aftermarket turbos are illegal. But, don't some cars (Subaru?) with turbos have BOVs? At any rate, I don't know what would be illegal about a BOV added to a car with a legal turbo.
Karl

I wish I can still remember the shop but it was just a random shop I walked in. I was shopping with my gf then I saw a set of nice lug nut on sale, thenbought it from them and since they offered "free installation" so I go for it. Then about 3months later I wanted to change my shocks, the shop told me that nuts were cross threaded.

There would be no end to the fury I would unleash on that place... Just Tires did overtightened a lug nut on my truck and it was snapped off.... I always walk around my car whenever ANYONE does ANYTHING to it... and I noticed it right away... they told me it was like that. I wasn't happy and threatened them with the bureau and they kissed my butt to stop me from calling.... Pep boys wasn't too bad when they replaced mine... but then again Just Tires paid for it haha

Makes sense... I would love to help ya out... but I am not gonna say I know how to do it then muff it up... I'd rather you have someone with prior experience do the job... I'll ask around with my buddies...

Haha FYI, the pick-a-part on Beach and Ball Rd. about 5-8 contour. I saw a white one, brown/gold, green, and red. Don't go to the one on Beach and Katella because I wasted $2 and found no contour/mystique.

Back