• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

California Thread is dead.

everything in temecula looks so shiny and new, i honestly thought it would be some hick town but it looks like its growing into some yuppy hideaway from SD.

kw8zboi, all the cars you chose are a good idea. just beware of celica's, especially if your going for a GTS cuz their engines are known to blow up cuz the motor cant handle the high revs that it can achieve. scoobs have incredubly high insurance, they are in a category above sports car. id go for the RSX type-S but then id be worried about it getting jacked cuz socal is notorious for car theft and is the reason why i got rid of my GSR.

what!? They even steal RSX? I thought they only good at stealing integra because I heard they is easy to bypass the lock somehow and there's several master key.

man your way off. good thefts can steal just bout any car out the now a days. granted there aren't to many that can do it but it is possible. its just easier to steal cars that can be parted out easy. which is why you see so many camerys being stolen and not so my high end cars. camerys and other cars that have a good demand for parts and are common on the like an integra or rsx in your case can be chopped up and all the parts sold in a few days. but how many people are looking for good lotus body panels or other parts for less common higher end cars not so many so the risk of the theft gettin caught is so much greater

man your way off. good thefts can steal just bout any car out the now a days. granted there aren't to many that can do it but it is possible. its just easier to steal cars that can be parted out easy. which is why you see so many camerys being stolen and not so my high end cars. camerys and other cars that have a good demand for parts and are common on the like an integra or rsx in your case can be chopped up and all the parts sold in a few days. but how many people are looking for good lotus body panels or other parts for less common higher end cars not so many so the risk of the theft gettin caught is so much greater

That make a lot of sense. They would jack steal any car with alarm huh? Even if you have Viper alarm?

alarms dont really do anything but alert people that the car is being broken into. when my teg got broken into, the thieves used a crowbar to pop the hood and quickly unplugged the battery. many of the integra owners i met usually relocated their battery to the trunk and had a kill switch in the car so that the only way it would get stolen is if the thieves used a tow truck. if you want something quick that wont get jacked, look into an alltrac celica cuz its got a turboed motor with all wheel drive

well they'll take what ever they want. it can be anything from a stereo, hood, rims, or the whole car. like don't be put off to buy the car you want, all cars are subject to being stolen its just some are more likely then others. don't assume that just cause you put a cf hood, or aftermarket parts your gonna stolen. my aunt got her mustang stolen it was stock, but my neighboor got his integra stolen and all he had was intake and some rims. its all chance but its one you gotta take to have a car that is different and yours. but hey thats what insurance is for:shrug:

so what usually do the thieves steal? and what did they stole when they broke into your teg? I'm not sure if I should even get a CF hood.

they stole my CD player, my beat up dickies jacket, knit gloves, and 4 cigarettes. i later saw a guy wearing my jacket and i got him arrested cuz i called the cops but never really heard anything from the cops. heres an all trac celica, if i wasnt a full time student and had a good job i would buy this. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/car/549664541.html

i dont believe they are better than the alltrac cuz they lack a turbo and all wheel drive. but if you want something newer i would go for the gt-s, you should do some research on any recalls or which year has a better motor because i remember hearing that when the 02 gts first came out, i kept hearing how the motor was prone to blowing up.

its a nice day today so i decided to repaint my sho shop front strut tower bar and finish painting my rear reflector since the one that i bought from svt4stv was warped or was yanked off the car cuz it doesnt fit flush with the trunk at all. w00t for good weather today

Hey Chinaski, remember these:
1002149xv2.jpg

img0099kw8.jpg

Last edited:
damn dude that looks pretty sick, im waiting till summer to put some new tires on my racing harts and it looks like the weather is getting bad again so i cant finish my spraying my stuff

I went ahead and put them on, the pot holes from the rain, are hunting my chrome ones. I post a few pic's in the video/pic area. Let me know when you want to get rid of those Harts.:cool:

Back