• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

California Thread is dead.

yup im busy 2. and with 4 svt's its hard to keep up besides up here in nor-cal no one wants to meet or the people that have contours/svt's are not on this site.
we need to figure out where half way would be and have a nor-cal /
so-cal meet

hey i'm down to have a meet i've been wanting to go to one for some time. i have a month off school starting in a couple of weeks and i'm gonna do some work on the tour so she'll be out for a couple of days maybe a week if it gets cold outside(i rather stay inside) but i'm down for one maybe early next year.

i'm in irvine just to let u guys know

everyone is really spread out here in cali, there are a few svt owners here in SD and a few in LA.... we should set a meet up in OC or somewhere in the middle that had some nice roads to drive on.

kw8zboi, any luck selling those 18's yet? i check the classifieds on craigslist for OC, LA, SF for focus rims.

hey i'm down to have a meet i've been wanting to go to one for some time. i have a month off school starting in a couple of weeks and i'm gonna do some work on the tour so she'll be out for a couple of days maybe a week if it gets cold outside(i rather stay inside) but i'm down for one maybe early next year.

i'm in irvine just to let u guys know

where in Irvine you located? I go to UCI sometime to visit my friend and get like $90 tickets like 3 times already.

So you guy think is wierd for me to have a contour since I'm asian lol iono if anyone know that already. XP

not really cuz im asian too and ive owned two hondas before buying a domestic. the only reason my asian girlfriend likes my car is because it is not japanese and she would feel "hella asian"(shes from SF) if i still owned my integra gsr.

As always work & family keeps my life pretty damn full. And with the holidays coming up I see no relief in sight.

Organize yourself folks!

Back in the ol days we bay area folks caravanned all the way up to Folsom for a meet, about 140 miles. Also, a guy named Jay from Mineral brought his pimped Zetec down about 160 miles for the meet. Toadster needs to post his pics of us far exceeding the speed limit on rainy windy raods so that we can reminesce about the good ol days.

Last edited:
Toadster needs to post his pics of us far exceeding the speed limit on rainy windy raods so that we can reminesce about the good ol days.

Wouldn't that be against forum rules Mr Mod? :laugh:

As for being busy, I can finally see the end in sight. 1 more week of hell and then things start to taper off for christmas for me. It been a tough couple of months.

back in the day, before i owned a csvt, there used to be huge meets at the Sho Shop (so ive heard). LOTS of SHOs and quite a few csvt owners would "show" up--no pun intended :laugh:

next weekend there is a SHO meet up here in the san fernando valley. contours are always welcome there. ill be there.

im down for a meet in the OC area, but hopefully not TOO down far south... :p

anyone know of any actual good roads to hit down in the OC?
a few of the SHO guys live down there. im sure they'd be down to meet up as well, if you guys dont mind.

if you guys wouldnt mind the drive up, we should do a run through the Angeles Crest highway some time. make it an all day event. lunch, bbq dinner etc... even over night. you guys would be welcome to crash at my pad.

What's SHO?
SHO- super high output(?)
its basically a sport version of a ford taurus, like the svt is a sportier version of a regular contour.
one of my buddies had one and although the car was a piece, the motor held out really well (thank you yamaha)

Back