• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aussie Gen 2 Grill Mesh GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stazi is right, the paint does not hold up for sqaut. Take it from me, I've repainted mine multiple times now.

I need to look into getting it powdercoated.

I wouldn't paint any of the mesh, cos when it starts to chip from road debris it'll look awful. I would leave the mesh as it is and paint everything else white. I'll even mask off the mesh on the oval for you if it is such a hassle. :troutslap:

you're so good to me!

snapped a quick shot with the oval being the new Gen 2 and the lower mesh still Gen 1.5..comparo shot..gonna wait for warmer weather to do the final change over from gen 1.5 to gen 2...my gen 1.5 is already spoken for btw so no PMs..thanks again Stazi! you made me one happy brown man :)

21-1.jpg

oh how sexy. my grill looks just like that now. i got some 1.5 that i am thinking about puting over my foglights. i had it on before and lookd good, but now it might look alot better as i will not have gutter guard. :)

oh how sexy. my grill looks just like that now. i got some 1.5 that i am thinking about puting over my foglights. i had it on before and lookd good, but now it might look alot better as i will not have gutter guard. :)

why not just put in fogs? :shrug:

plus the Gen 2s material is pretty thick! lol

snapped a quick shot with the oval being the new Gen 2 and the lower mesh still Gen 1.5..comparo shot..gonna wait for warmer weather to do the final change over from gen 1.5 to gen 2...my gen 1.5 is already spoken for btw so no PMs..thanks again Stazi! you made me one happy brown man :)

that is so funny, my boss here at the Cell Depot/Verizon Wireless is indian or something, he's always asking customers the ups slogan... "What can brown do for you?' Sorry, was just one of those things

why not just put in fogs? :shrug:

plus the Gen 2s material is pretty thick! lol

i do got foglights.factory svt fogs on now and se fogs in the stock front in the shed. but i like the way the 1.5 look over them on the se bumper. i live less then 1 mile from a limstone mine and i get smacked wit rocks all the time i have had to replace the fogs a few times. i am hoping that the 1.5 will stop that a lil bit.. and i know that the gen 2 is think, hence the reason i am going to use the 1.5. if it don't look good i will just take it out. i will know tomorrow morring about 11 am if i like it or not. i will post pics if any one is interested.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g227/mgs99/105_1033.jpg

Last edited:
Where are all the pics?
As soon as I find my stupid camera I'll post some. I just got the last piece on. That stuff puts up a fight, but the end result is so well worth it!!! Stazi you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back