• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

another Spec Stage 3+ failure

I ordered mine yesterday and it shipped out the same day. He said many Contour people had called so he must have made some ahead of time.

It better hold my turbo taking a trans out and the turbo out again is no fun.

nice! I hope to get mine this week also. I take it you got a tracking number then? I haven't yet ...

I'm just trying to keep updated on this topic. so how long is shipping taking from clutchnet?

all I need is a carbon disk

should be quick yeah?

ok guys I have good news. Looks like clutchnet is willing to step up and help us out...

That's great! Hopefully we get what they are promising: a product engineered specifically for high-horsepower CDW-27s (e.g. Contour, Cougar, Mystique). A reliable clutch will be worth the price, even if they shy away from selling us a full-faced clutch.

I look forward to hearing reviews from Brian and Christian!

Note: I also have a SPEC Stage 3+ currently installed. I have 20K miles on it, but those are mostly highway miles, and my setup dyno'ed under 300 whp. I currently have mad clutch chatter. Dunno if I have the vibration issue described here, since my solid motor mounts transmit vibration as well.

Noble / Rossion

Noble / Rossion

Looks like a similar problem exists for owners of the TT Noble / Rossion:
attachment.php

my clutch will be delivered today. I'll post some picks and impressions. If all goes well I should start getting the car back together tomorrow after work.

my clutch will be delivered today. I'll post some picks and impressions. If all goes well I should start getting the car back together tomorrow after work.

Thank you! Please post as soon as you've had a chance to drive it, as I'll need to order asap.

Note: I also have a SPEC Stage 3+ currently installed. I have 20K miles on it, but those are mostly highway miles, and my setup dyno'ed under 300 whp. I currently have mad clutch chatter. Dunno if I have the vibration issue described here, since my solid motor mounts transmit vibration as well.

I'm running a stock front mount with an Energy Suspensions insert and a NPG solid rear - I got a little more vibration with the addition of the NPG rear, but nothing I couldn't deal with. Now with my clutch on it's way out the map lights rattle when the clutch is acting up and you can really feel what is going on, not sure what it would be like with stock mounts.

with stock mounts and the es front insert when I got clutch chatter pulling into the garage it was pretty bad. the whole driveterrain would shake and shake the whole car.

with stock mounts and the es front insert when I got clutch chatter pulling into the garage it was pretty bad. the whole driveterrain would shake and shake the whole car.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suspect that is your old setup? Front ES with NPG rear is perfect -

I'm going to go out on a limb and suspect that is your old setup? Front ES with NPG rear is perfect -

that was with the spec stage 3+ clutch. I'm thinking it got that way because the way the springs moved it was starting to act more like a solid hub clutch .... but thats just a guess.

out of the box everything looks well made. my flywheel check out to my satifaction so tomorrow after work it starts to go back together.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

that was with the spec stage 3+ clutch. I'm thinking it got that way because the way the springs moved it was starting to act more like a solid hub clutch .... but thats just a guess.

My car has started doing that, 1st gear in rush hour has gotten VERY finicky and feels like a solid hub when I try and carefully get the car rolling... VERY interested in seeing what your clutch looks like - probably like looking into a crystal ball for me.

update for those interested. I got the clutch and mtx installed and connected everything that I could. tomorrow night the subframe, suspension and turbo kit will go back together so I can drive it.

I did bleed the clutch. pedal feels alittle heavier then stock. it grabs and releases slight below the halfway travel point of the pedal. I think its going to work nicey. alot better then the spec pp that grabbed right at the top.

update for those interested. I got the clutch and mtx installed and connected everything that I could. tomorrow night the subframe, suspension and turbo kit will go back together so I can drive it.

I did bleed the clutch. pedal feels alittle heavier then stock. it grabs and releases slight below the halfway travel point of the pedal. I think its going to work nicey. alot better then the spec pp that grabbed right at the top.

wow nice, below halfway? :drool: :laugh: good luck with it

Took my clutch out and it looks just fine. No broken parts like other people have posted.

New clutch looks just like Spec except spring holder and color. Hopefully it will be quieter.

Back