• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another hood IC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a hood for the Contour with the insert like on the '00 Cobra R, should look better than the Evo or SRT4 style with the Contour lines and still be SVT based.
-J

1. CSVT#49
2. ryanblacksvt
3. qbcsvt - CF

Do a chop my buddy is thinking about it!
If you want more of CEG into this we need something that is more of a generic style that everybody will also like. Remember the evo hood there is only a handful out there so not many ppl committed to that as well. This style some are gonna like some arent. Im a fan but its only to really get something else going for the Contour!

- amyn

I was hoping someone else would like the idea :cool:
If the company also makes a Mustang '00R style hood they should be able to adapt the 'power dome' look to a Contour hood.
My brother had an accident with a '00R Mustang hood and we kept the remains (separted in 2, long story) and I've always thought of having a shop mold it into a Contour hood if I ever repaint.
-J

I was hoping someone else would like the idea :cool:
If the company also makes a Mustang '00R style hood they should be able to adapt the 'power dome' look to a Contour hood.
My brother had an accident with a '00R Mustang hood and we kept the remains (separted in 2, long story) and I've always thought of having a shop mold it into a Contour hood if I ever repaint.
-J

If this is what your talking about, I'm so down!
COBRA-R-2000_2.jpg

It will never happen. Time/Cost and amount of people needed wont ever be met.

That and people keep on throwing out more options for hoods then what was mentioned... that never works well... look at the threads that were started for hood style polls.

While the CobraR hood looks great. The thread was started for the scoote hood design. However as was mentioned there is not enough desire for that style of hood so the 20 orders needed up front will not happen. Caulk this up as another loss. Feel free to start up a thread for the CobraR hood... but I think you'll hit the same road block. Not enough interest from people that have the money to put down and are willing to wait 6 months.

That said I will look for other companies to see if they can do it with just 10 people... but I would imagine the cost will go up significantly for them to recoupe costs on the mold process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back