• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

6000K vs 8000K

stock fog lamps are 37 watt are they not? the 880 halogen bulbs are the 50 watt option.

You talking stock halogens or what? I actually looked at regular Sylvanias the other day to compare the 880 base to the 893 our car uses. The 880 said 27w and the 893 said 37.5w.

You talking stock halogens or what? I actually looked at regular Sylvanias the other day to compare the 880 base to the 893 our car uses. The 880 said 27w and the 893 said 37.5w.

crap, ok its the 885s then that are the 50 watt bulbs? yes I am refereing to the halogen bulbs.

Hehe - looks like we are writing a DDM buyers guide here :laugh:

I'm going to purchase a few kits, defiantly for my low beams and I'd love to get them in my fogs as well. I've got an extra set of fogs to test fit on, so if the 880 bulb will actually fit into the fox housing I'll give that a shot as well.

Hehe - looks like we are writing a DDM buyers guide here :laugh:

I'm going to purchase a few kits, defiantly for my low beams and I'd love to get them in my fogs as well. I've got an extra set of fogs to test fit on, so if the 880 bulb will actually fit into the fox housing I'll give that a shot as well.

lol. I mean for the price they can't seem to be beat. plus the lifetime warrenty, can't go wrong with that. hell I read somewhere they where concerned that people wouldn't warrenty them because they are so cheap.

either way the base is the same, just the wattage is different.

Oh - so they will "fit" into the housing disregarding bulb length and heat? I'd be game for building in a vent to get some of the hot air out - possibly even spacing it out to make it fit if the bulb is too long...

Oh - so they will "fit" into the housing disregarding bulb length and heat? I'd be game for building in a vent to get some of the hot air out - possibly even spacing it out to make it fit if the bulb is too long...

Vents in lighting assemblies = moisture and foggy lenses, no?

well the lenses can def handle 37.5W from a halogen. HID's run cooler I believe and the lower kit is 35W so I don't think heat will be a concern. It is also my opinion that the 35W HID's will be more than enough being that they are HID's.

Yeah - I wouldn't want 55W in my fogs... I just want the light output of the fogs to match the headlights in color and "feel" I know they would look yellow and crappy next to the HIDs in the headlights...

I don't know if it will physically fit or not. as pointed out before the size of the hid bulb might not fit into the housing. however the key and the way the light is retained in the housing should work fine. that is why for the low beams you order the 9006 kit. the base on the bulb matches the same style halogen bulb and clips right into the housing.

the headlights have vents. so no vents do not equal moisture. however I wouldn't put vents in the fog lamps. on my mystique the heat of the bulb split the housing open enough that water could get in.

I don't know if it will physically fit or not. as pointed out before the size of the hid bulb might not fit into the housing. however the key and the way the light is retained in the housing should work fine. that is why for the low beams you order the 9006 kit. the base on the bulb matches the same style halogen bulb and clips right into the housing.

the headlights have vents. so no vents do not equal moisture. however I wouldn't put vents in the fog lamps. on my mystique the heat of the bulb split the housing open enough that water could get in.

What bulb did you put in the housing?

stock, 893. but I have them on all the time. plus the mystqiue ones are rectangular where as the contour ones are round so that may have been part of it.

Ok - I'm not sure heat would be an issue with a HID, but there is only one way to find out :cool:

I plan to wait until the raptor kits go to $18 before I buy them for the fog lamps .... but most likely I'll do it before then ...

Right now 4300K is looking slightly better than 6K or 8K, I like the white... Any issues with Night driving or wet conditions with that temp color anyone?

With my 4300K I haven't had any visibility issues. Unless the markings on the road aren't very good. Thats been the only time. Otherwise everything is easy to see.

The only issue I had was my drivers side light needed a little adjustment after I put it back together and I didnt notice until I drove it the next time. Silly me expected the alignment to stay the same after the light assembly had come off the car and was tightened back down.

Back