• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT LIM vs SE(etc) LIM

the non svt lim on the contours are all the same size. early svt are 31/32mm's later svts and all returnless cougars are 33/34mm's. essentially just 3l split port lim's with a different shaped secondary actuator rod
sho shop made some big bore lims as well,although it dont recall the sizes...

the non svt lim on the contours are all the same size. early svt are 31/32mm's later svts and all returnless cougars are 33/34mm's. essentially just 3l split port lim's with a different shaped secondary actuator rod
sho shop made some big bore lims as well,although it dont recall the sizes...

37mm was one of its sizes thats for sure.

If you are looking for a LIM. Pick up a cougar LIM from a 2000+. It is indentical to the final design LIM the svt contour had.

37mm was one of its sizes thats for sure.

If you are looking for a LIM. Pick up a cougar LIM from a 2000+. It is indentical to the final design LIM the svt contour had.

Would that be an easy option for someone with a 98? if 2000's are returnless, wouldn't it be mostly useless since they need return style?

the vaccum actuated secondaries are WAY smaller than the split port 3L ones. i picked up the split port 3L LIM to use as a test in gutting the secondaries. too bad all the screws stripped so i have to drill them out or cut the shaft out, lol. i'll get pics up when i get em gutted, holes filled, and ported up.

the vaccum actuated secondaries are WAY smaller than the split port 3L ones. i picked up the split port 3L LIM to use as a test in gutting the secondaries. too bad all the screws stripped so i have to drill them out or cut the shaft out, lol. i'll get pics up when i get em gutted, holes filled, and ported up.
i've had to do that before...let me know if you get the shafts out..i couldnt figure it out,so i had to cut them into lots of little pieces.

its not so much how they come out as the screws all stripped on the butterflies, lol. so the only choice now is to cut them out or drill out the screws. i'll try the drill first and see how it comes. what do you suggest for the holes.... have them welded or can i get by with some JB or something?

i used jb weld. but for the part that has the return linkage,i just left it in the lim,that way the imrc would appear to work properly and not trigger a cel,as the imrc code is a hard code and will pull timing

Back