• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

6000K vs 8000K

Here's my projectors with HIDs. Not 6000k or 8000k though. I got 4300K. Output is a pure white with just a hint of blue at the cutoff.

This is what I started out with. Factory.
Dsc00154.jpg

This is just one projector installed to get an idea of straightness in the cutoff.
Dsc00144.jpg

Dsc00234.jpg

Dsc00235.jpg

Dsc00238.jpg

Dsc00237.jpg

Dsc00230.jpg

Dsc00223.jpg

Dsc00144.jpg

Dsc00245.jpg

Has anyone put the DDM(or any for that matter) 880 hid's in stock fog housings? Wasn't there a problem with them being too long or did I read that on another forum somewhere?

Has anyone put the DDM(or any for that matter) 880 hid's in stock fog housings? Wasn't there a problem with them being too long or did I read that on another forum somewhere?

I know of someone that has hid fog lamps, although I think they where from vvme ...

I think I remember someone saying that but it may have been a link to something else. I'll search for it because I was gonna order the 880s for the fogs now that I like the Raptors in my headlights.

More info on the 880's?
I've got some plates for running PIAA HID's where the fogs go, can I sue those?

well if you get the 880s, you wont need the piaa hids or plates. unless you have a concern about them still being 35 Watts. Anything more may melt the stock plastic fog housings.

well if you get the 880s, you wont need the piaa hids or plates. unless you have a concern about them still being 35 Watts. Anything more may melt the stock plastic fog housings.

Oh- so the little 880 HID bulbs would fit directly into the fog housings like a stock bulb?

Does anyone have any experience with any of the kits on Amazon. I can use my work bonus to Amazon, so I figure if I'm going to do HID's might as well do it for "free". I'm not 100% I'm going to do this, but the more I think about it, the more I think I want to. I think I want to go with 4300 bulbs as they seem to have the whitest light.

Link

I have 5000k which has a hint of a blue hue to it.

Heres a nice camparison shot, 5000k vs. halogen:

Can you get one with a road or something a little farther as well?

Loving the pictures!!!

Right now 4300K is looking slightly better than 6K or 8K, I like the white... Any issues with Night driving or wet conditions with that temp color anyone?

Right now 4300K is looking slightly better than 6K or 8K, I like the white... Any issues with Night driving or wet conditions with that temp color anyone?

I have noted that the light will get washed out when under a street light, but I was told that was normall with HIDS. night driving when there was no other light around was great imho. and if you go for the DDM Raptor hid kit for $40 if you don't like them that much it isn't to bad. I don't believe I have driven in any bad weather yet. but I did not the light was very clearly visible against the snow banks on the road

Does anyone have any experience with any of the kits on Amazon. I can use my work bonus to Amazon, so I figure if I'm going to do HID's might as well do it for "free". I'm not 100% I'm going to do this, but the more I think about it, the more I think I want to. I think I want to go with 4300 bulbs as they seem to have the whitest light.

Link

I don't want to sound like I am pushing DDM but with the raptor kit being $40 plus shipping you really can't go wrong imho. it may still end up having a lifetime warrenty to boot.

honestly I didn't think i would ever get hids. but after having them and seeing that they really put out 3 times the luems as a halogen bulb I am sold. I already ordered 2 more kits for my other cars. I would say that you will not be disapointed.

stick with 4300K or 4500K, its oem for a reason.

stock fog lamps are 37 watt are they not? the 880 halogen bulbs are the 50 watt option.

I don't want to sound like I am pushing DDM but with the raptor kit being $40 plus shipping you really can't go wrong imho. it may still end up having a lifetime warrenty to boot.

honestly I didn't think i would ever get hids. but after having them and seeing that they really put out 3 times the luems as a halogen bulb I am sold. I already ordered 2 more kits for my other cars. I would say that you will not be disapointed.

stick with 4300K or 4500K, its oem for a reason.

PUSHER!! Thanks I'll look into them, was that kit plug and play so to speak or did you have to do some splicing?

PUSHER!! Thanks I'll look into them, was that kit plug and play so to speak or did you have to do some splicing?

completely plug and play. ordered the 9006 kit and the bulb mounts just like the normal halogen bulb. then the low beam harness plugs into the harness for the ballast. noted that the ballast is wired backwards so all you have to do is turn the connector on the ballast harness over or swap the pins. then you just turn your lights on like normal.

stock fog lamps are 37 watt are they not? the 880 halogen bulbs are the 50 watt option.

yup, stock is 37.5 watts. What I meant to say was that he could run the 35W 880 hid's in his stock housings(assuming they fit.) But if he really wanted 55W bulbs which I was thinking the PIAA ones may have provided for him, then he probably couldn't run the 55W 880 hid's in the stock housing.

yup, stock is 37.5 watts. What I meant to say was that he could run the 35W 880 hid's in his stock housings(assuming they fit.) But if he really wanted 55W bulbs which I was thinking the PIAA ones may have provided for him, then he probably couldn't run the 55W 880 hid's in the stock housing.

yeah I agree, with a 55 watt bulb in the stock housing there would be a good chance for the lens to melt. I would have to guess hids would make that worse.

Back