• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L turbo final round

i just took the car outta the garage for the first time today. just put about 15miles. all systems are go! no CEL... yet:cool:. i wanna thank u guys again. i definitely couldnt have done it without y'all. ESPECIALLY jeff & evan. this is no doubt the most helpful auto site bar none:). ALL HAIL CEG!!!!!

i just took the car outta the garage for the first time today. just put about 15miles. all systems are go! no CEL... yet:cool:. i wanna thank u guys again. i definitely couldnt have done it without y'all. ESPECIALLY jeff & evan. this is no doubt the most helpful auto site bar none:). ALL HAIL CEG!!!!!

How was the tranny?

i took off the imrc cover yesterday to clean up a bit. i got a question for any who might know. the cam wheel was slightly pulsating. in other words, there was a slight wiggling as it turned. is that normal?

cam wheel? The water pump pulley attached to the cam?

If you have removed the pulley in the past and reinstalled it, yes, it could be on a little crooked and have a wobble when moving around. As long as its not really bad or loose it shouldnt be an issue.

If its quite bad you run the risk of losing the water pump belt and overheating could happen.

cam wheel? The water pump pulley attached to the cam?

If you have removed the pulley in the past and reinstalled it, yes, it could be on a little crooked and have a wobble when moving around. As long as its not really bad or loose it shouldnt be an issue.

If its quite bad you run the risk of losing the water pump belt and overheating could happen.

yeah, that wheel. its not real bad or anything. just not straight is all. thx.

Did you drop that cam Julian? :p

lol. nah. at least i dont remember anyway...

Spiked it like a football! I told him it would give it more lift!

Julian, How else is everything running?

:laugh:. everything runs great so far evan, thx. am so proud of myself. not one connection did i forget. still no CEL:cool:. weird really, cos i'm the most forgetful person i know. i must know this car too well;)

Good to here it is up and running like a champ. Maybe your previous bad luck has brought you some good luck with this swap.

You are lucky. Mine has been at the machine shop for .. oh.. 8 months now.

Who did your tuning??

Really? Lucky? Thx:). Joey @ NPG tuned it. I was one of the first ones, so joey spent quite a bit of time perfecting my tune. He sent me the tune, i uploaded it to the car, & sent him the datalog. He then adjusted whatever needed to be. I think he must've sent me like 20 tunes till it was just right. Whats wrong with urs?

Really? Lucky? Thx:). Joey @ NPG tuned it. I was one of the first ones, so joey spent quite a bit of time perfecting my tune. He sent me the tune, i uploaded it to the car, & sent him the datalog. He then adjusted whatever needed to be. I think he must've sent me like 20 tunes till it was just right. Whats wrong with urs?

First 3.0L had a bad fuel injector coupling and that piston cracked on dyno. The second 3.0L popped a head gasket. I think it was due to the tune which was done locally. Now i bought pistons, rods, bearings, head studs and am getting the short block put together. However, the machine shop i choose (from friend recommendation) apparently works at a snails pace.

First 3.0L had a bad fuel injector coupling and that piston cracked on dyno. The second 3.0L popped a head gasket. I think it was due to the tune which was done locally. Now i bought pistons, rods, bearings, head studs and am getting the short block put together. However, the machine shop i choose (from friend recommendation) apparently works at a snails pace.

Oh i see... Stay patient:). When u get her back, it'll be loads of fun i'm sure. In case u didnt know, i'm on my 3rd motor. One 2.5L & Two 3.0Ls.

Glad to hear its still going! I just now read all 8pgs! Good info... Planning on installing my turbo kit next year sometime. Gonna get the 3l and tranny situated first. Hope it lasts me!

Back