• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L turbo final round

Looks like JB weld to me. Very expensive JB weld.

Special secret weld $5.99
Mechanic = 19.01

Total job of repair $25

Realizing they used JB weld to fix the problem. Priceless...fug matercard...it pays to discover :)

Y'all should try to take one of the tanks off of a radiator some day... then come back and tell us how much YOU would charge to do it. This was $25 well spent.

I just really like the "priceless" jokes

How do you even know he took the tank off?
I can't say for a FACT that they did, but the one horizontal retainer tab looks to have a very different crimp angle in the after pic, than in the original pic.

I guess I may be giving the repair shop the benefit of the doubt, hoping they did it right. Just sticking it back on with some JBweld is not going to hold, so if that's what they did, we'll be seeing it fail before long.

Y'all should try to take one of the tanks off of a radiator some day... then come back and tell us how much YOU would charge to do it. This was $25 well spent.

Took off many. :shrug: But since the car isn't moveable...it seems he brought that to him. Which means the guy didn't take it off the car...and it was a joke...chill...:help:

Took off many. But since the car isn't moveable...it seems he brought that to him. Which means the guy didn't take it off the car
You seem to frequently misinterpret or just misread my posts Harrry. I was talking about taking a tank off of a radiator, not taking a radiator out of a car. Unless you really meant that you've taken many tanks off of radiators... in which case, I would have to ask you what you used to remove the tank from the radiator and how long it took you? Perhaps I could learn something...

Or if youre really wanting to hear it start just go ahead and start it. Its not like its going to over heat in 5 mins or something with out a radiator. Just start it and let it run till it gets norm or close to norm operating temp just to make sure it runs smooth and shut it off.

I started my 3L with no coolant system hooked up. I just let it run until the oil filled throughout the engine. You can hear it building pressure. Maybe ran 20 seconds or so....

I started my 3L with no coolant system hooked up. I just let it run until the oil filled throughout the engine. You can hear it building pressure. Maybe ran 20 seconds or so....

Dang man - I wish it was easier for you but the bad luck seems to be :troutslap:ing you in the face.....

u should know better harry;). lol

You seem to frequently misinterpret or just misread my posts Harrry. I was talking about taking a tank off of a radiator, not taking a radiator out of a car. Unless you really meant that you've taken many tanks off of radiators... in which case, I would have to ask you what you used to remove the tank from the radiator and how long it took you? Perhaps I could learn something...
Oh gotcha...yea thats what i thought you meant.

Learn something??? hmmm....don't start your car with no coolant in it :laugh:

Back