• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Before and after

kscontourkid

Veteran CEG'er
new trunk lid painted myself with rattle cans :D

before...
338823_35_full.jpg

338823_37_full.jpg

after...
338823_61_full.jpg

338823_60_full.jpg

What do you think?

Tom, looks good. Heard on the radio that Pick N Pull is having a everything half off sale. Plenty of Pre98's out there. You can get me a set too for the same price of one. Okay! Thanks! I'll pick them up when you come down and help paint my trunk.

P.S. Can you look for a console, I was hung over and had little patience the day I went.:laugh:

Wow, it's like looking at my car, only in a different color.

-Knauberized
-Pre '98 lip spoiler
-Pre '98 trunk lid
-Dual SVT-style exhaust
-Non-SVT rear bumper
-ST200 rims.
-SE sideskirts

Have you thought about an SVT rear bumper?

actually i have the whole kit coming eventually. the next major thing to change in this car is the secondaries and the IMRC box are going. im tired of the damn thing not working. also a split port aluminum 3L intake will be experimented with. the bumpers i have need to be fiberglassed as they are in pieces. the skirts should be getting paint in the next few months but this time im going to try out my paint gun.

Wow, it's like looking at my car, only in a different color.

-Knauberized
-Pre '98 lip spoiler
-Pre '98 trunk lid
-Dual SVT-style exhaust
-Non-SVT rear bumper
-ST200 rims.
-SE sideskirts

Have you thought about an SVT rear bumper?

Are you going with SVT sideskirts and both SVT bumpers?

Frankly, I prefer the SE sideskirts and front SE bumper. The dual exhaust with the SE rear bumper is also starting to grow on me.

i agree and personally prefer the SE sideskirts but the front bumper just looks out of place. it needs a lower lip to match the sideskirts. i have thought about reworking the svt rear bumper to match the SE sideskirts but that is a lot of time i dont have so for now im just going with the whole kit. front and rear bumpers and sideskirts. we will see what the future holds

i have thought about reworking the svt rear bumper to match the SE sideskirts but that is a lot of time i dont have so for now ...

That's exactly what I'm doing now. I'm taking a pie shaped wedge out of each side of the rear bumper - in order to reduce the hieght of the bumper by 1 1/2 ". I'll let you know how it looks.

i want to see those modified bumpers. hurry up! that will look sweet! and you are exactly correct we practically have the same mods... weird. now the really question is do you have a 3L and a '95 dashboard? lol

Still working on the bumper. I still have the original 2.5 litre engine and original dash.

You did a great job with a rattle can., btw.

The paint looks pretty good. It looks like there might be a slight different in the glossiness, but I probably wouldn't have known if you hadn't said anything. I'd be happy with it. I swear though, I will NEVER understand people's obsession with putting the ugly pre-98 bubble lid on the better looking post-98 cars.

One of my cars doesn't have that goofy spoiler on it. :p I'm actually not a fan of the painted reflector or spoiler normally, but they sure are growing on me with the 3L. :cool: Before I had one with a spoiler, I just liked the clean, smooth look of the spoilerless trunk.

Back