• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3l turbo down for a nap for a bit.

And a sad pic taken by a spectator right after I broke and posted on a local forum.

2a5dx82.jpg

Nitrous
header
wheels & tires (hopefully)
shiny engine bits
an probably a whole bunch of other crap before its all said and done.

We'll be there Tuesday afternoon.
I'll PM you my number, call me if you'd like some help.

Not really, they were all impressed when I got there and tons of people came up to it in amazment. They were all pissed that they didnt get to see it run down the track. And I got pulled by a ranger down the side road:cry:

dude you can't let that stop you. i went last year, first timer, blew my s##t up. everyone ragged on me all year about it, thought it was funny. its not funny, and i feel for you. you've got a lot of money sitting there (especially for the car's age and blue book value) and thats never a good thing to see.

bad luck happens..... but dont let it ruin the fun. i blew my car up, but now i got a very potent 3L with just about every bolt on and i know the cars top to bottom. it gets easier as you go.

Me too. When I snapped mine I didnt have to touch the clutch to shift gears (when the car was sitting because it wouldnt move). I am guessing the drivers side axle snapped where it meets the trans.

Me too. When I snapped mine I didnt have to touch the clutch to shift gears (when the car was sitting because it wouldnt move). I am guessing the drivers side axle snapped where it meets the trans.

^what Bill said^

in fact, Bill's example is why I think its a drive axel, since the same thing happened to him a year ago, and he also has a built trans.

Back