• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3l turbo down for a nap for a bit.

Oh come on, Mark's exhaust and my stalling were some of the highlights of SZ06. :laugh: :laugh: I loved parking my pre98 in some abandoned lot a half hour drive away and then walking all the way back to the hotel.

All in good fun of course. :) Ryan - this stuff happens. I'm taking my severely decrepit SE for this trip. I will probably break it and leave it there. :laugh: :laugh: :eek: :help:

Yeah Ryan you should still go. I agree with everyone who says they've all seen Silver Surfer many times. Granted I haven't seen either, but in the best interest of CEG, bring Vader, lol. Heck, I was gonna be going to SZ in my stupid ugly Zetec, even though I'm slowly slowly leaking brake fluid and slowly leaking coolant. That's why you keep extra bottles handy! :laugh:

I think there is a curse that wont allow a Contour to be in the 12s

I'd be really surprised if the Quaife is blown. I thought those things were pretty much bullet proof.

hey ryan. am so sorry to see that happen. if it is the axles tho, doesnt it take a couple of hours to replace them at a shop? and yes dude, u do need to learn how to work on your car. remember, u know that car more than the most. i do most of my work on my car. unless am tool deficient, am doing it maself!

ryan, i have no engine in my car right now. unless a miracle happens, i wont be taking the svt to SZ. if i have to walk to michigan, i will. actually, i'll probably take the impreza. so you HAVE to go.

Damn, sorry to hear Ryan. :(

Vader...Vader...Vader...

OB1, saves the day! :)

Come on Ryan, just bring Vader. Majority rules and we say, bring the black one.

SZ isn't about the cars, SZ is about the people, the car just brought the people together.

Damn, sorry to hear Ryan. :(

Vader...Vader...Vader...

OB1, saves the day! :)

Come on Ryan, just bring Vader. Majority rules and we say, bring the black one.

christine loves the black ones!

wait, that came out wrong...

:laugh: love you christine!!!!!

When did you get an Impreza?

ryanblack, I'd rather see Vader too. Regardless you can't cop out at this point. Too many people are dropping out of SZ.

i bought an 07 impreza.

just kidding. its my moms car that i drive while mine is under the knife. we have 7 cars in our family

I think I have him talked back into coming with one car or the other. ob1 is going to get up there asap with parts and I'm going to try to go down this weekend and get it together. We will prob make it after all.

Oooh snap! from your despcription sound like your axle(s) and or diff. is
toast.jpg

I'd still rather have it over Alan's orange Del Sol tho... :laugh:

Yikes.... that sucks - good luck with the repairs. This seems like a bad year for a lot of people :shrug:

christine loves the black ones!

wait, that came out wrong...

:laugh: love you christine!!!!!

In the words of Alex:
you are getting swift junk kicks at sz.

LOL! ;)

OB1 and icysvt, thanks guys.
That was nice of you Todd to offer the axle for the cost of shipping it. :cool:

I still think you should bring the black one. :D No one has seen that one yet and it seems to be the consensus, we all want to see Vader. ;)

Let this be a lesson to the other 70 people attending SZ.
Baby your cars in the weeks before the trip! sheesh!

Seriously though, sorry to hear about your bad luck. You'll get it working again soon enough though.

lol Billdo, if your car does go kaput out at SZ, I'm sure the bagged/Reebs type vultures will swoop in and take it off your hands. ;)

Back