• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3l turbo down for a nap for a bit.

So drive "Darth Vader" and stop the crying about the car. Just because one car breaks doesn't mean you can't attend if there is a back up available. Get on that :censored::censored::censored::censored:!

I know man but till I find out what it is I have to spend the spring zing money on getting it fixed. And honestly it wont be the same, plus vader needs a rear drivers side caliper, new iac, struts are blown ect...

If it is an axle you could hammer the splined end that snapped out. See if it matches the rest of the axle. Maybe it'll be ok. Get that thing fixed! If you're a car guy you'll have it fixed this week! Just get a spare axle for now. I'll even send you one if you pay shipping.

I have the stock axle's but time is against me, I work from 10am-7pm through the week. I will have to take a day off to bring it to my local shop to get this fixed and thats not going to happen this week with my work load I will have this week. Plus everyone localy here knows I dont work on cars, I am the first to admit I dont know what I am doing in that area.

Come on brother, I will be at work but you can do all you need, or if you really think you can come this week and fix it I will take a day off if you are certain you can fix it.

You're into the wrong car if you don't work on them yourself. Especially a 3L Turbo car. Advice is to never drag again. I got an old IAC and rear caliper lying around. Pay shipping.

If it is an axle you could hammer the splined end that snapped out. See if it matches the rest of the axle. Maybe it'll be ok. Get that thing fixed! If you're a car guy you'll have it fixed this week! Just get a spare axle for now. I'll even send you one if you pay shipping.

Sounds like a good deal to me!!!
As for the black car, SO WHAT. We've seen the silver countless times, but that black car has never been up here and the majority of people have not seen it. personally I'd rather see that one. Man ask anyone about my SZ luck over the past couple years. Crushed exhaust, broken SC, among other problems... never stopped me from having a great time. even when i got sent into the red because of stuff it was worth it.
-Mark

i drove 9 hours to SZ last year running on 5 cylinders, blown rear struts, and a leaking caliper. didnt stop me. i had a BLAST the entire time i was there. i ended up fixing the caliper in canada, and the spark plug wires in grand rapids

Todd, I have friends and local shops that work on my car for cheeeeeeeeeeeep, I am learning but slowly. I may get that iac from you todd, pm me with details please.

Worldtour, I will think about it seriously. I will get some beers in me tonight:mad: get some sleep and talk to the wife tomorow and come to a desicion, I am highly pissed right now at myself for this happening so I will sleep on it and worst case may bring vader who knows.

That sounds like a better plan I'll see about bringing you a caliper & we'll try to look at Silver Surfer and everything.

I will sleep on it Alex, trust me I have wanted to come to sz for over 5 years now, but I will sleep on it. You just have to promise that IF I come and bring vader that you will keep Pole120 away from my trunk lid:laugh:

You just have to promise that IF I come and bring vader that you will keep Pole120 away from my trunk lid:laugh:

i was at SZ last year!!! i was the only one with the nascar trunk. i dont think josh said a thing about it. who knows what went on behind my back... lol

come on ryan we need to take vadar if i have to come this weekend and get it fixed I will! im off this weekend and I will come on down ive been talking with ob1 and we can get her on the road! so lets go man!

I'll try to get a caliper off in the morn& I'll let you know something this week. It might be Saturday If I can't swing another day off this week on short notice.

Back