• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2012 Fall Dragon Run thread-10th anniversary! (10-11/10-14-12)

Yup, I must move on. It goes to the bodyshop next week. I need the extra cash to throw into this house so we can sell and buy a bigger house.

I will be in for sure this year. Picking out the new whip in about 3-4 weeks. Should have some goodies on it by that time to make it more enjoyable. Can't wait!!!

I will be in for sure this year. Picking out the new whip in about 3-4 weeks. Should have some goodies on it by that time to make it more enjoyable. Can't wait!!!

ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIVE....OHHH ITS ALIVE!

What's the new ride?

Trey, this IS the CSVT of your dreams, make it happen! FWIW it gets my approval, no questions here, turn key nice ride, not too many around like this one!

Not sure how long the CEG is going to stay around this 2nd time around, but we're also on www.xceedspeed.com

243 more days to go!

Roger your CR-Z needs a few mods. perhaps an HKS exhaust, K&N typhoon intake, Progress 22mm rear sway bar, Goodridge SS brake lines, and Eibach lowering springs. ;)

Roger your CR-Z needs a few mods. perhaps an HKS exhaust, K&N typhoon intake, Progress 22mm rear sway bar, Goodridge SS brake lines, and Eibach lowering springs. ;)

-No on the exhaust because I've removed the muffler and it sounds great and has no restrictions there anymore!

-The K&N typhoon is coming, thanks Hectour

-Not too sure on the rear sway bar

-Maybe the springs, some day

-I'll get the SS lines when I need to do the brakes, this way its all done at once, rotors, pads and SS lines along with new fluid.

I know the upgrade from the stock tires/wheels (16 x 6 P195/55's to 17 x 7 P225/45's) will make a HUGE improvement for sure, no doubt about it! More rubber on the ground will improve handling and braking due to a 30mm increase in width, 10% less aspect ratio and 1" wheel width increase, not to mention tire construction being waaaaaaaaaaay better than the Dunlop SP7000's. I do wanna lower the car for both looks and handling and it will come in time but for now I've got other things I want first but I do agree with you on that one.

BTW RIP WHITNEY HOUSTON!

hey

hey

not sure if anyone remembers me
i recently picked up a 98 svt with 177k original miles
makes the third 98 svt for me
it feels good to have one again its been three years

ITS ALIVE, ITS ALIVE....OHHH ITS ALIVE!

What's the new ride?

Lol... I'm going the Mazda route. Speed 6 though. No room in the speed 3. I should have one by now but I'm being pretty picky, and now that I'm down in Florida it seems they a harder to come across out here. Most of the ones I like are out of state. So Im just being patient and waiting for that right one. If nothing comes closer to my area in a month I will travel for one!!

Lol... I'm going the Mazda route. Speed 6 though. No room in the speed 3. I should have one by now but I'm being pretty picky, and now that I'm down in Florida it seems they a harder to come across out here. Most of the ones I like are out of state. So Im just being patient and waiting for that right one. If nothing comes closer to my area in a month I will travel for one!!

The MS3 is not small, well, unless your in the NBA! There was a MS6 at VW or Subaru of Countryside here in Illinois. I too almost got a MS6 about 5 yrs ago but then I test drove a MINI and that was it, still LOVE THE MS6!!! It drives so nice and is a "poor man's" M3 sedan IMO.

BTW everyone, check out www.xceedspeed.com as we're over there as well talking all things Dragon and those involved in the run.

Yeah after sitting in both the MS3 and 6 as a man of my size the MS6 has more room behind the seats for my kids or anyone else. Plus the awd makes it a little more fun to drive than the fwd. Yeah I will check out the site.

Yeah after sitting in both the MS3 and 6 as a man of my size the MS6 has more room behind the seats for my kids or anyone else. Plus the awd makes it a little more fun to drive than the fwd. Yeah I will check out the site.

Well my buddy Hectour isn't exactly a small guy and he's driving the MS3 w/o a problem but if your not comfortable in it, then the MS6 is a fine choice. It would be nice if you could fine a certified one because there's more of a chance the turbo has either been replaced and/or gone through. Being down in FLA a white MS6 would be cool, even better if you could find the one with the white/blue interior, a bit cooler down there in FLA. I must tell you this though, sell those stock wheels and get some RX8 wheels for it, I saw a black one 2 weeks ago with them and it was stunning.

-No on the exhaust because I've removed the muffler and it sounds great and has no restrictions there anymore!

-The K&N typhoon is coming, thanks Hectour

-Not too sure on the rear sway bar

-Maybe the springs, some day

-I'll get the SS lines when I need to do the brakes, this way its all done at once, rotors, pads and SS lines along with new fluid.

I know the upgrade from the stock tires/wheels (16 x 6 P195/55's to 17 x 7 P225/45's) will make a HUGE improvement for sure, no doubt about it! More rubber on the ground will improve handling and braking due to a 30mm increase in width, 10% less aspect ratio and 1" wheel width increase, not to mention tire construction being waaaaaaaaaaay better than the Dunlop SP7000's. I do wanna lower the car for both looks and handling and it will come in time but for now I've got other things I want first but I do agree with you on that one.

BTW RIP WHITNEY HOUSTON!

you know I can get all those parts I listed right?

you know I can get all those parts I listed right?

Well the intake is on its way from Ebay through Hectour (I couldn't get the 6 monthes to pay deal for some reason) but I will keep you in mind on the brakes for sure as you hooked up Dillon. Not sure when I'll need rotors/pads/lines but when I do I will go through you for sure. FWIW, how much could you have gotten the K&N typhoon for?

I could do $235 + shipping for the one for your CR-Z.

Yeah we already got the one for my car, that's a pretty good deal. I paid $225 w/ free shipping and the guy's a vendor on the CR-Z forum too. When I need brakes I'll be calling you for sure, probably buy them and pick them up while on a future Dragon run. Yeah the intake is actually on its way, so before too long my car will make cool sounds not only from the back, but from the front! I will have my wheels by early to mid March too, guy needs to put a set back on his CR-Z.....road trip to Springfield!

Yeah its supposed to be the Mugen prototype, they already get a S/C'd CR-Z over there with 197 hp, not sure about the torque but I'm sure its more than the 8th gen Civic Si that we get though. A more powerful CR-Z is do out as early as 2013, its pretty much been confirmed and our site is all over it, figures this would happen after I get mine, oh well, I'm make due with my car with its current and future mods and be content.

You know I sat in the Abarth 500 and I was wondering....what if???....then I thought about that commercial with the Italian supermodel...WOW! is she HOTT!!!

You aint joking she is smmmmokkkkking hotttt
I wanna put the boss 302 intake on my 5.0 pickup off the new boss mustang alot of guys are doing it

Attachments

• Boss intake..jpg
    Boss intake..jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You aint joking she is smmmmokkkkking hotttt
I wanna put the boss 302 intake on my 5.0 pickup off the new boss mustang alot of guys are doing it

The question is....
Will this:
IMG_20120216_200241.jpg

Fit into this:
IMG_20110828_182001.jpg

Honestly I think I'm going to sell the NOS setup and buy a TT setup for the L.

Back