• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2012 Fall Dragon Run thread-10th anniversary! (10-11/10-14-12)

I've seen pictures of that car. Probably doesn't do very good on the dragon.

That is a beautiful engine i want that big blower on my f150
15.53 @92.85 stock with big blower.......
i think the contour runs 15.2 at like 92
the svt deff handles better and gets better mileage and would be much more fun on the dragon

TT Lightning and take it to the Dragon, well Matt, make sure you order up some of those NECKCAR race brakes for it too! That would be badass! Any bites on the CSVT? Besides, with Jim bringing his Fiero back on the Dragon run we need a pickup truck out there, its been tradition, you know!

Any noobs with pics of their rides they plan on bringing down there this fall?

TT Lightning and take it to the Dragon, well Matt, make sure you order up some of those NECKCAR race brakes for it too! That would be badass! Any bites on the CSVT? Besides, with Jim bringing his Fiero back on the Dragon run we need a pickup truck out there, its been tradition, you know!

Any noobs with pics of their rides they plan on bringing down there this fall?

01..jpg

hmmm

hmmm

welllll theres that and f150 beside it
a 2011 wr250x in the garage and now recently added a 98 svt contour
and a 97 sport 2.5 auto contour

Attachments

• mustang and f150..jpg
    mustang and f150..jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0
Contours are ALWAYS welcomed and encouraged to attend the run, after all, its the car that brought everyone together! Any mods on the car right now and/or anything else planned for it?

sweet bike rtgt
iw ould get killed on it my 250x is fast enough for me and gets over 80mpg!!

I go to the dragon several times a year. First trip is in April for the busa bash, last trip will be in Oct. for the fall bash with a couple of one day trips in between. I've never been on the dragon in anything other than the bike. Hayabusa gets about 45mpg back and forth from work( if I stay out of it).

svt

svt

No mods on car it has 177k miles so a 3.0 is prob gonna be needed soon I bought it because my truck gets awful mileage and is hard to park. Saving my money for the new boss 444 HP and 26 MPG.the svt might get some rally tires and do some dirt roads

I go to the dragon several times a year. First trip is in April for the busa bash, last trip will be in Oct. for the fall bash with a couple of one day trips in between. I've never been on the dragon in anything other than the bike. Hayabusa gets about 45mpg back and forth from work( if I stay out of it).

hit me up antime your out there with the bike and ill come out. That road is in my back yard lol.

A rallye CSVT, that could be a first!

So we're going to be graced by the presence of a Busa on our run?

We had a CSVT out there with us 2 years ago and it had 234k on the clock, he's a local and just cant' think of his screen name here, sorry.

hit me up antime your out there with the bike and ill come out. That road is in my back yard lol.

I'll be there at the Phillips Hotel April 18-22 for the busa bash. Come on over and look me up. I think right now we have about 50 people coming. We usually ride all day then sit by the firepit and shoot the **** for awhile. Usually there a three or four of us that ride together. We run 28 more than the dragon because of cops and always go to Georgia for Blood Mtn.

ROGER!
How much fun would this be on the Dragon?? Considering this for my next project.
front%20page%20indy.jpg

I have always wanted to build a Locost. If you do build one you should build it completely from scratch, only using the necessary parts from a donor car. its far more rewarding than assembling one of the various 7 style kit cars.

I have actually had the opportunity to drive this one. it is such a blast, although you feel tiny on the road.
e1done3.jpg

I cant weld. I would rather have a chassis built from someone that welds all the time. I dont enjoy the build, I enjoy the driving. I couldnt get my Factory Five Coupe together fast enough.

Josh, that looks like a great idea. what engine would you use? What trans and rearend?

The summer of 2009 had me running with a custom built Lotus 7 clone using a Corolla GTS drivetrain (130 hp DOHC, 5 spd and its rearend w/ 4.30 gears) and let me tell you this, it was a rocket, this was out in the area of Hell Michigan, closest thing we've got to the Dragon.

Now Josh, if you do this, could you PLEASE paint it BRG with some yellow on the nose?

i live near highway 9 to lake lure and chimney rock
its got some great curves minus all the cops
you can actually push your car through the curves unlike the dragon
there was a cop in every corner last i was there
someone told me the speed limit used to be 55 on the dragon years ago
thats more like it set the cruise at 55 and hold it there

55 speed limit on the Dragon, that's crazy, there isn't enough straights to do that and even when you can hit that speed, your right back on the brakes anyways! I think we need to check out that road for sure, nice change of scenery for sure, not that its getting boring but it would be nice to see other roads, you know. The cops out there 2 years ago was nutz, not too bad this past run, actually, I think we saw 1. We've gotta just stay away from the area on Saturday's, waste of time and money IMO, too many sight seeres and the chance of cops is greater too.

231 nore days....hmmm 231, the Buick V6, 3.8 SFI TURBO.....WHOOOOSH==============

Back