• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

need help choosing short shifter???

pithon987

Hard-core CEG'er
anyone have any links to any real good short shifter? i put a fidanza short shifter on my 98 csvt its ok.... but is there one out there that really shortens the shift? any suggestions would help:confused:

CFM short shifter. Search around for posts by me to fond everything you need to know about it.

is it the one meant for the fsvt??:shrug:
its actually a combination of the FSVT version and the regular focus version. you have to order it over the phone (talk to Hector) as they dont have it listed on their site, but what you get is the shifter from the regular focus version, with the riser plate and bolts from the FSVT version. it does not come with the lockout delete but you can either add it to your order or make one from a stock reverse lockout.

ok thanks and its as simple installing s a regular
short shifter right....i mean not much trouble fitting it in??

ok thanks and its as simple installing s a regular
short shifter right....i mean not much trouble fitting it in??
Correct, very easy to install. You just have to remember to put the riser plate down, also you will have to pit about 5mm worth of washers under the riser at each bolt since the riser was designed for he SVTF shifter which is about 5mm shorter than the regular focus.

Back