• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2009 Carlisle All Ford Nationals

Yes, in fact they owe us an upgraded tent due to the snafu with separating the groups. Rick promised Luca to upgrade us, but someone may want to remind him. I could try to call, but things are pretty hectic here (Prom this weekend :crazy:), and I won't be at Carlsisle till after lunch Friday.

Carlisle All Ford Nationals, Contour Enthusiasts Group

Registered
1. Getsum111 (Scott) + guest
2. Juspifool (Mark) + guest
3. brapple (Brian) + guest (maybe)
4. Guitarman19853 (Ryan)
5. Zerohour (Scott) + guest
6. CRGkart44 (Mike) + guest?
7. 99RedSVT (Paul) + guest
8. Aaron 98 SE (Aaron) + guest
9. Black 98 CSVT (Shawn)

see you guys there :)

Yes, in fact they owe us an upgraded tent due to the snafu with separating the groups. Rick promised Luca to upgrade us, but someone may want to remind him. I could try to call, but things are pretty hectic here (Prom this weekend :crazy:), and I won't be at Carlsisle till after lunch Friday.

Oh yeah that's right, you won't be at the cruise this weekend.

I called the Carlisle rep yesterday to officially confirm our tent for this year , so that's done . I also explained our aggravation from last year's show , and she told me that I certainly wasn't the only person who's complained about it to her . This is her first year doing this , and she wants it to work out . She asked how many people we usually have , I told her 25-30 - then I asked her how many people are registered so far , she looked it up & told me 6 (SIX ??? to be honest , I was extremely disappointed myself) , so I told her ... "There's your sign !" .
That did get me thinking though . The local CEG needs to get off it's butt and REGISTER and SHOW UP . It's because of US that they even HAVE any Contour/Mystique classes , so USE THEM !!! When I started taking my '95 SE to Carlisle 10 years ago , there was only a "general" class to enter my car in , and I was the only Contour , and was so far at the other end that I was in a different zip code ... Do you want that again ??? I don't !!! I got them to add the classes so we could represent & show off the car we all like .

So my point is , if you're on the fence about going , or still wound up over last year's mess - GET OVER IT , AND GET OFF THE FENCE and SIGN UP and SUPPORT YOUR CLUB .

BTW - I did talk to her about the tent upgrade , but decided that I'd get us our normal 20x20 tent & have them comp us a table , instead of a larger tent for what appears to be less people . If we don't make the 25 people this year , it'll be a hot-as-hell show next year (or wet) without a tent ...

more on this later - I've gotta get to work .

Thanks Allen. I completely agree with you.

Come on guys, sign up. Some one else has a chance to place first this year with a non-SVT LOL ..

Allen,

I appreciate your efforts to make this happen. But I don't think I will be coming this year. I know I was talking about taking my mustang instead of the contour, because of the way the mustang people where being offered free registration this year if they moved their car last year. I personally spoke to Rick to try and correct the situation and he showed me no interest in resolving the issues we had. It's $50 to register at this time, in my opinion that is WAY TOO MUCH for what I would get out of coming for the day. Just as a reference SZ09 was $45 that included the Banquet, Gilmore Museum, and directly supported CEG. Me being on the fence was just me not wanting miss hanging out with everyone.

So that being said I am suggesting we pick a date or weekend when everyone is out of school and have a NE-CEG picnic or maybe camp at a state park! For half the cost we could have a heck of a party!

I called the Carlisle rep yesterday to officially confirm our tent for this year , so that's done . I also explained our aggravation from last year's show , and she told me that I certainly wasn't the only person who's complained about it to her . This is her first year doing this , and she wants it to work out . She asked how many people we usually have , I told her 25-30 - then I asked her how many people are registered so far , she looked it up & told me 6 (SIX ??? to be honest , I was extremely disappointed myself) , so I told her ... "There's your sign !" .
That did get me thinking though . The local CEG needs to get off it's butt and REGISTER and SHOW UP . It's because of US that they even HAVE any Contour/Mystique classes , so USE THEM !!! When I started taking my '95 SE to Carlisle 10 years ago , there was only a "general" class to enter my car in , and I was the only Contour , and was so far at the other end that I was in a different zip code ... Do you want that again ??? I don't !!! I got them to add the classes so we could represent & show off the car we all like .

So my point is , if you're on the fence about going , or still wound up over last year's mess - GET OVER IT , AND GET OFF THE FENCE and SIGN UP and SUPPORT YOUR CLUB .

BTW - I did talk to her about the tent upgrade , but decided that I'd get us our normal 20x20 tent & have them comp us a table , instead of a larger tent for what appears to be less people . If we don't make the 25 people this year , it'll be a hot-as-hell show next year (or wet) without a tent ...

more on this later - I've gotta get to work .

So that means 3 people who think they are registered, aren't. I'm printing up a receipt of my registration, just in case.

DID ALL OF YOU USE CONTOUR ENTHUSIASTS GROUP as the group name? USING CEG WON"T COUNT!!!!:laugh:

Last edited:
I used "contour enthusiasts group" as instructed...where are you printing your registration ticket? I thought they sent them in the mail?

you don't need the tan slip, they can look it up in the computer. I had to do that one year after I forgot mone ...

i need to register me and a couple of west michigan douchebags are coming

Wow that awesome! Thanks for coming down bagged. :cool:

This really is a good show, you just have to have to disregard the bs that happened last year and remember it is about having a good time both with your car and the people who share the same passion about Contour's/Fords as you do.

Brian (Checker'd) - summer's coming , and we'll be meeting & having picnics anyways ... so just show up at Carlisle with that checkered monster of yours . People love that mofo !!!

Yes , it sux that it's so much $$$ now ... dammit , you should've pre-registered , ya foo !!!!!

Bagged - it'd be really cool if you guys c'mon down . Didn't get to hang with ya that much at SZ .

Well I'll be showing a damaged car this year :blackeye:. With the house thing I didn't get around to finding a paint shop until now. The one shop that can get me in, though $400 cheaper than the next guy, is throwing up so many warning flags that unless I hear someone's firsthand account with the shop, I don't want to risk it. So I'm going to wait and have it done right.

This week sucks!

Back