• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Can we see some engine bay shots???

Have you thought about restoring the car back to it's original state?

Can we see some engine bay shots???

Have you thought about restoring the car back to it's original state?

That would be way more work than worth. So many things have been removed, like sheet metal cut out for weight savings and major modifications, that for me isn't really an option.
It's believed that this car was used for salt water testing among other things and is clearly evident underneath. This car should be pristine as it has been garage kept since released by Ford. But it has more rust than a road going car today. Of course, it is nothing that can't or won't be replaced.

This car has basically been a race car since it was finished testing. It's all it's ever known and I believe I should stay true to that and keep it as is. Some things will change to improve on the design but overall, it will stay a race car. I'm hoping to learn a few things from the BTCC cars and have found one current owner of a Mondeo that is still racing it.

That would be way more work than worth. So many things have been removed, like sheet metal cut out for weight savings and major modifications, that for me isn't really an option.
It's believed that this car was used for salt water testing among other things and is clearly evident underneath. This car should be pristine as it has been garage kept since released by Ford. But it has more rust than a road going car today. Of course, it is nothing that can't or won't be replaced.

This car has basically been a race car since it was finished testing. It's all it's ever known and I believe I should stay true to that and keep it as is. Some things will change to improve on the design but overall, it will stay a race car. I'm hoping to learn a few things from the BTCC cars and have found one current owner of a Mondeo that is still racing it.

Hearing from you now about where the car has been and the condition it is in, then i would keep it the way you received it. Except correcting what needs to be done to keep it mobile. Of course.

Oh do you have any engine shots at all? I would really like to see the trunk and engine bay :)

I'm heading outside now just for you, Harry. (insert subliminal message here) katie's phone number or e-mail please (subliminal message inserted)

I'll be back to post pics soon. Or maybe I'll just try the twitter thing in my sig.

P1060851.jpg

P1060852.jpg

P1060853.jpg

P1060854.jpg

P1060855.jpg

P1060856.jpg

P1060857.jpg

P1060868.jpg

When will you be fully moved back in Charelston? I'll be heading there next month to party with my friend. I would love to come check that thing out!

It might work better to meet up on I-95 on my way down. I say that because I'm not sure what my schedule will be like. But you're more than welcome to come by the house and see it up all close and personal if that doesn't work. I'll be back fully moved to SC probably within the next 2 weeks. I have an interview this weekend. So if it goes well and she wants me to start right away, it will be a mad rush to get completely moved.

x2

Ill be up around there soon to visit my parents.

When are you coming up? Are they around Charleston?

Will it be getting side skirts?

No. Jack points for the car are right there. Plus it makes loading and unloading the trailer easier by not having them there.

Edit: Well, maybe. I'll be installing subframe connectors so that will give me a place to jack the car if needed. And if I can find a good trailer that is easy to load this car on then I'll put some on.

They actually live up near Charlotte, NC but the drive there takes me on I-95, I-26, and I-77. I was thinking a detour to see the car would be well worth it. I havent made any plans as of yet to go up there. Im pretty flexible.

BTW: I still cant get over how cool this car is.

Back