• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford3.JPG

interesting, IMRC is removed and the bolts for the UIM are not factory...

Must have some more honing and the Secondaries tuned out.

Actually I don't think the IMRC was removed, there probably never was one based off the pics unless they changed the valve cover to a '95 cover. The bolt locations to hold the IMRC aren't even on the cover....... :shrug:

Actually I don't think the IMRC was removed, there probably never was one based off the pics unless they changed the valve cover to a '95 cover. The bolt locations to hold the IMRC aren't even on the cover....... :shrug:

the wiring harness is there for it. but you have to figure a race engine isn't going to spend to much time below the imrc point.

also I thought that silver frost cars had grey engine bays ... basically the basecoat for the silver frost...

The car was originally Black/MNB. The second owner painted the interior and all white.

As for the valve covers, still not sure. I haven't taken anything off yet to see what date stamp there is. The floorpan inside the car has a 1994 date stamped in it.

From what I was told, Ford did all of the PCM tuning for the Touring cars. What exactly that tune is, I'm not sure. I want to have someone to take a look at it and possibly make a copy of it. That way, if the PCM is damaged or destroyed I have backups.

You are correct! that is a 95 front valve cover because the bolts are for a 4 bolt engine cover.

Mine looks just like the pictures bagged posted. It isn't white, but it's lighter grey than on the body panels, so it looks much lighter or white in the pictures,

from what I see, it's a super clean engine. The cams appear to be custom but I see no indication of who made them. And they do not have the orange SVT band.

DSCF1660.jpg

The bore size for the UIM and LIM are 33mm. IIRC, that is stock for an SVT.

DSCF1667.jpg

And the date stamp on the valve cover.

DSCF1670.jpg

cams-compression "balanced and blueprinted" good tuning and the exhaust. but i want that exhaust so forget what i just said, lol.

Awsome buy! I bookmarked the posting on Craigslist about a month or two ago, while doing some "screen shopping", and followed the posting to atspeedmotorsports.com. They have pictures and info on the car. It sounds awsome! They say it was ran at Miller Motorsports Park. I'd keep it race ready! Heck with street legal. I live in PA, and it would be awsome to see you freshen it up( even improve it...wow) and tour that thing around in the summer!! Say "All Ford Nationals" in Carlisle, PA! Oh, how sweet that would be! You could go run it for fun at the events. A lot of show goers, at all ages, from everywhere, would LOVE to see that!! If I can say that for everyone...

Do you still have a copy of the CL post? Because if it was posted only a month or two ago, I'd like to know.

so what's the secret to this power? cams and ultra high compression?

Not real sure what is in the motor. The builder tells me it is 13:1 compression but the exact specs on the motor are long gone. I'm going to guess it is in the tune, 110 race fuel, cams and compression.

you should contact 23racer on neco. he has the mumm bros. race cougar and has all the documentation about the motor and suspension set up. the tour is a bit older, but im sure most of the motor stuff is the same

thanks jaged. I had heard the mumm bros car was still around and I think they raced the same time as contours did. If they did, it would be the same engine builder and possibly the same engine. Although, some cougars were running a 4cyl motor. At least, according to the engine builder.

he has the 2.5. he ran it this year at mosport i believe. ended up having some trans issues with the crazy quaife gearset

Back