• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Headlight progress..

that looks like a small projector, almost like a 2" lens..where did u get the projector from? or whats it of off?

Its not 2" ... actually they pretty big though!

Low beams' are xenons from audi i think(3")
High beams are regular H7 projector from a VW Touareg (3.5")

I have to find a better way to clean my headlights' lenses,because the light pattern really sux!New picz coming soon :rolleyes:

Its not 2" ... actually they pretty big though!

Low beams' are xenons from audi i think(3")
High beams are regular H7 projector from a VW Touareg (3.5")

I have to find a better way to clean my headlights' lenses,because the light pattern really sux!New picz coming soon :rolleyes:

its not your headlight lens creating the crappy pattern....it is the light escaping out of the side of the projector and hitting your stock reflector which is dispersing stray light. You need to fab up a shroud so that the only light comes out from the projector lens.

Doesn’t look like he has the stock reflectors mounted.
From the Pics it looks like he just has the projectors mounted to the stock headlight bracket and that’s it.
If the reflector isn’t there what could be causing the crappy pattern?

Okay, here is the thing!
When the headlight lens is not there i have a perfect straight line from the projectors! As soon as i put it ... :bah::mad:

I already put a shroud around the xenon projector...its the same story!!!

I will try to sand them better ... finish them with 2000...3000...4000 sand paper!

New picz are coming after that again!

Heating Headlight Assembly in Oven?!!

Heating Headlight Assembly in Oven?!!

Someone please explain this process to me. I'm clueless. I didn't think you could take the assembly apart but I would like to and do some first-aid. Is there a how-to posted somewhere?

Okay, here is the thing!
When the headlight lens is not there i have a perfect straight line from the projectors! As soon as i put it ... :bah::mad:

I already put a shroud around the xenon projector...its the same story!!!

I will try to sand them better ... finish them with 2000...3000...4000 sand paper!

New picz are coming after that again!

i get the same results with my old headlights. think ill just custom make some headlights with clear lexan pieces. should distort at all.

There u go...

There is no lenses,bc i have to clean them very well or put new ones..dont know yet!

The light pattern is awful with them:nonono:

Using a shroud won't work. The whole point of Projector lights is for them to be aimed nicely in a particular direction without distortion. By having refractions off of the lens, you have distortion which defeats the whole point of having focused light.

Why not just create surrounds for them using poly molds(like they do for custom sub enclosures), include angel eyes on the highs and put on circular projector covers? All you need is poly fleece and resin. Make the mold using whatever you like, set the poly on, res it up, let it dry, and pull the mold. Double up on the poly layers, sand, and you're golden! Who needs the old lens then? Just paint the poly whatever color or effect you like and she's mean.

I was planning on doing exactly that this summer when the earth is dun thawd out.

That sounds good and really hard also....
English is not my native language,so can u try to explain it more simple and add some picture on these products!

Thanks in advance

Back