• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Deal's Gap .... dang

For the Dragon, any time but mid October is gonna have some other car/bike clubs running. Long weekends are especially busy 'cause that give time for folks from farther away to come & play. You'll have to deal with sharing the road.

When the leaves turn & start to fall in October, bikes get parked and most of the leaf lookers are up on Cherokee National Park / Smokey Mountain Parkway.

I don't even recall going anywhere near 50 on the actual tail itself. Maybe it opened up in parts I can't recall. I found other areas S of there that were just as fun and in BFE. And I mean BFE. Didn't see any other cars.

Haven't been on the Skyway. This was a rural area S of the dragon going to "backway" to ATL.

The dragon opens up enough in a few places to get into third, meaning above 60mph. Generally at that point though I'd just let it coast, no reason really to keep accelerating unless I was trying to keep up with GMK. And yeah there are plenty of other great roads north, east, south, and west of the dragon. Many of the roads are good there, just have to find the ones that are less traveled because some have bumper to bumper traffic.

I'll keep this in mind when I come down there in October, but like it was mentioned before, we don't see quite as much traffic there and to be honest with you, I've only seen 2-3 police cars since I've been going there and its going on 5 years. I didn't get a chance to run the Dragon in pure darkness, but I did run the Cherahola in darkness, that was fun, so I say lets just run it at night time and use our better judgement (Kremit:troutslap: )

I don't wanna tip my hand quite yet, but I'll be running the Dragon in something completely different for my 5th time in a row there...2x's in FWD (CSVT), 2x's in RWD (Crossfire) and for 2007....:laugh: , we'll see in about 3 weeks!

BTW Kremit, thanks for the heads up:cool:

I'll keep this in mind when I come down there in October, but like it was mentioned before, we don't see quite as much traffic there and to be honest with you, I've only seen 2-3 police cars since I've been going there and its going on 5 years. I didn't get a chance to run the Dragon in pure darkness, but I did run the Cherahola in darkness, that was fun, so I say lets just run it at night time and use our better judgement (Kremit:troutslap: )
I see cops on the dragon most everytime I've been. But they're only there because of wrecks.

And don't worry about my judgement old man.:rolleyes:

I am happy I am not often around some of my peers in the SE. We'd all probably be in jail by now.:crazy:

And I'm getting stupid tonight. Watch out for possible drunken posts.

Back