• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aluminum sill GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
What ever happen to this Aluminum Door Sill GB

As I saw this on ebay:

sill1ol9.jpg

sill2td4.jpg

How many would be interested in buying a set or 2 of these? I'm working with the guy on Ebay to see if he will give us a group buy discounted rate. However I want to make sure I've got numbers to back this GB up. Lets start a list shall we...

1. CSVT#49 2 sets.

I'm interested....BUT

Do you happen to know if the "SVT Contour" is etched into the aluminum? I'd be disappointed if it were a decal of some sort.

Also find out what the dimensions are to see if it will fit correctly.

I'm interested....BUT

Do you happen to know if the "SVT Contour" is etched into the aluminum? I'd be disappointed if it were a decal of some sort.

Also find out what the dimensions are to see if it will fit correctly.

From his auction (you can do a search for "SVT Contour Sill" on ebay and find it as well. Theres quite a few up there.

---------------

Material: 100% REAL aluminum anodized sill plates with a 3M adhesive tape behind

Size: 1.5 inch( 3.8 cm) by 19inch ( 48 cm)

---------------

All of his other auctions for these, with a variety of makes and models, have the same size. I was not aware of this nor did I check the length of my door to see. So I can check later to see if this is going to work, but this is starting to look a little cheap. I'll find out more when he/she responds back.

Last edited:
well, what happened was i never got around to taking measurements and mocking up some prototypes...and my father never got the aluminium to do it...SO...if the interest is still strong...maybe we can still work something out

well, what happened was i never got around to taking measurements and mocking up some prototypes...and my father never got the aluminium to do it...SO...if the interest is still strong...maybe we can still work something out

Well keep us posted as I am all about quality and I know you guys can deliver it. I'm just trying to find out what this guy has to offer and if it's worth while. If you need to have a test fit for prototypes let me know I'd be willing to put some money down to make this work. Thanks.

I actually ran across this the other day and thought that the sills looked really nice...especially on a silver car with silver interior pieces...yeah... But if I were to get those in the front, I would like to put some in the back too. I wouldn't want anything written on them, but I like things to match up. Just my thoughts... If someone was to go and make some sills with the SVT Contour logo on em like the ones on ebay and also made some sills for the back, I would be on that for sure.

I am positive that the demand is definitely out there Ben. If you are still up to the challenge that is. All that we need is an asking price and then we can work from there.

Well keep us posted as I am all about quality and I know you guys can deliver it. I'm just trying to find out what this guy has to offer and if it's worth while. If you need to have a test fit for prototypes let me know I'd be willing to put some money down to make this work. Thanks.

the issue is not the $...cus the prototype would be going on my car...

the issue is time, my father owns his own business and he is working to stay in business...so when he has work, he is working HARD...so until he can get little "chill time" im not sure exactly how soon this will be comming out...

i would on the other hand love to get some on my car...my size 15's always hit the door sill when im comming out...lol

ill keep you all posted!

another reason it fell threw was because i got frusterated with the people who were complaining that i wsa not including them and their types of cars in this...i wanted to get it to say SVT or Contour and build #'s and i just kept betting b!t(hed at...

if i make them...front will most likely say SVT...maybe SVT contour and the back would have build #'s on them...

another reason it fell threw was because i got frusterated with the people who were complaining that i wsa not including them and their types of cars in this...i wanted to get it to say SVT or Contour and build #'s and i just kept betting b!t(hed at...

if i make them...front will most likely say SVT...maybe SVT contour and the back would have build #'s on them...

im down for that idea

i kno that you CSVT guys are down for it...but the mystique and regular tour guys get mad...cus they arent included...

that was the main issue...

Understandable...but hey, you could always go forward with the SVT ones first and then see how well that goes through, then after that is said and done, you can see how much interest there would be from the Mystique guys and do another GB. Just a thought.... This is going to be a really nice group buy if you and your father can get some time sorted to get a proto done. Thanks for doing this man.

That's what I need to know... how much?

Right now Ben is waiting on getting a proto done. His dad is doing it through his work and right now he is swamped so we are just waiting for a window of opportunity. Once the proto is done, then he will be able to set a price based off of the interest for the sills.

ours would most likely not be $23 for a pair like the ones are on ebay...i dont kno how they are producing them so cheap...
we would be cuttin them on a CNC machine so the price would be more than $23...how much more im not sure...but id say DEFINATELY more.

thanks Sprebound for saving my breath...lol

we should start on it pretty soon, no guarentees though...

No prob dude, I had just got done reading through the archived post you had made earlier about it...so I was pretty current on the details and thought why not? Now let's hope that yo pops gets some free time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back