• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'll probably be gone for a few days....

96MystiqueGS

Veteran CEG'er
Well, I am on my way to the hospital for check in for my surgery. I have to get my gall bladder out...hooray! if I am not online for a few days that is why.

As an update to the SVT, I finished the plugs, cleaned the K&N air filter, did the PCV valve, oil change fuel filter, cleaned the throttle body and did a quick "on the car" UIM cleaning. I will do a full "off the car cleaning" once I get the car done and on the road.

Well, I am leaving now! Wish me luck!

Good luck! I had mine out a few months ago, it was a breeze. My wife yelled at me for cleaning the garage the next day. I was back to work in 4 days.

You having laproscopic surgery?

Good luck! I had mine out a few months ago, it was a breeze. My wife yelled at me for cleaning the garage the next day. I was back to work in 4 days.

Yes sir, laprascopic. Surgery was just after 8 this morning and I am back home now. Sore, but bearable.

I got yelled at for not wanting to "take it easy" already. I'll probably be working on the car tomorrow.

xtascox said:
Good luck man. Give me a call if you need help with anything when you get home

Thanks. I think I should be ok for now, but I may give you a call if I need something with the SVT.

Just like me, in at 7 out at 2:15. I took two Tylenol that afternoon and nothing after that. So much better to be able to eat what I like again!!

Glad to hear eveything went ok.

I guess I won't be gone for a few days after all. I feel decent, sore, but decent.

That is the part that I am most looking forward to. I'd love to have a cheesesteak and not be in crippling pain afterward.

I was sore for a few days due to the fact mine had large stones that wouldn't fit through the inscission. Doc had to crush the stones to pull it out.:nonono:

Felt like I had done to many sit ups.

I just polished off a box of creamsicles! :drool:

Feeling pretty good. I have one heck of a sore shoulder for some reason. I have to schedule my check up appointment tomorrow.

Can't wait to get back to work on the SVT. All that is left should be the damage to the rear quarter. I was waiting for a call from PennDOT, but go figure, no dice. Have to call tomorrow.

I'll keep updating the situation.

Thanks for the support and concern guys!

I just polished off a box of creamsicles! :drool:

Feeling pretty good. I have one heck of a sore shoulder for some reason. I have to schedule my check up appointment tomorrow.

Can't wait to get back to work on the SVT. All that is left should be the damage to the rear quarter. I was waiting for a call from PennDOT, but go figure, no dice. Have to call tomorrow.

I'll keep updating the situation.

Thanks for the support and concern guys!

You could have sent parts done with my brother. I could have coated them and sent them back with him.:laugh:

Did you experience any shoulder pain after the surgery? I am! I am told it is from the gasses left of from the procedure that have risen into my right shoulder and it would only last about 24 hours, but this is taking forever.

My incisions don't hurt nearly as bad as my shoulder, in fact the incisions feel fine. My shoulder doesn't hurt all the time, but when it does I am in such pain it is hard to even sit down, and impossible to lay down. I am told "it is normal and there is not much you can do about it."

Any one who has experienced this have any tips?

Other than that I feel fine....in fact I was cutting wood and fixing the stairs today without much difficulty other than my shoulder.

I'm sure the shoulder pain will be bearable since now you can enjoy a nice grease filled cheese steak with all the toppings. :laugh:

I'm sure the shoulder pain will be bearable since now you can enjoy a nice grease filled cheese steak with all the toppings. :laugh:

I haven't really had the appetite for that yet. That and I am much too tired during the day from my sleepless nights, like this one. Usually my arm hurts too much to even recline too much let alone lay down. I usually sit in a chair until I pass out. Tonight my arm was feeling good enough to lay down. That lasted for 5 minutes...here I am sitting on the internet waiting for the pain to go down to try it again or just plain pass out.

You have checked with the doctor, correct?

Indeed. The pain is caused by the CO2 gas used during the procedure. The nurse said something to the effect that the leftover gas settles in the shoulder causing pain. It usually goes away in a few days with movement. I have also read the reason could alternatively be that the leftover gas irritates the diaphragm and the nerve endings lead to my shoulder and cause pain.

In either case, the pain, sometimes severe, is normal and should go away. When I woke up this morning the pain wasn't as bad as yesterday morning. Hopefully it will disappear completely by tomorrow.

Back