• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tires!

The Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R is on sale at tire rack right now 128$ for a 22/50 V rated.

Great deal in my opinion, that's what's going on my set of E1's this summer.

Thats still overpriced for the performance compared to an $80 BFG tire IMO.

Thats still overpriced for the performance compared to an $80 BFG tire IMO.

That's why it's your opinion, never was a fan of BFG, plus I believe you're comparing apples and oranges, the RE-01R is a sort of in between tire, fits in between an R compound and street, not simply a summer tire.

I've tried a ton of tires, KD's KDW's KDW2's, Eagle F1 SC, Eagle F1 Fiorano, Eagle F1 GS-D3, S02, S03 , Pilot Sports.

I was always partial to the S03, since that is no longer made I'm going to give the RE-01R a shot.

However the F1 Fioranos were the stickiest tire I ever used when hot(insanely stiff sidewall also), too bad their price was astronomical and they only came in two sizes due to only having been produce for Ferrari fitments.

LOL..... all I can say is you folks must sure enjoy paying a lot for tires.... but I suppose you are racing and winning a lot too right?

Most of those tires you have mentioned are way beyond what is need for a DD.... even if you do play with it a bit. My goal is to never pay over $95/ tire mounted and balanced and get a warranty. Less is better and yet retain certain standards and ratings. That's why my latest find in the Mastercraft's being V rated w/ 50k warranty for $70 more than meets my requirements. Ive got Hankooks on one set of rims, Kuhmo Solus on another, and Falkens on another. All gotten on a sale and at or less than my max price. All of these tires seem to perform well so far. Eventually I get down to one or two brands, but when I need tires it most likely will end up being whatever is the best deal at the time..

AF

That's why it's your opinion, never was a fan of BFG, plus I believe you're comparing apples and oranges, the RE-01R is a sort of in between tire, fits in between an R compound and street, not simply a summer tire.

Its just not a tire I would ever want out on the highway unless I lived one exit away from the autocross course. Yes they are sticky and a great tire but the Kumho MX is arguably better, cheaper and has the treadwear rating to actually use out and about.

LOL..... all I can say is you folks must sure enjoy paying a lot for tires.... but I suppose you are racing and winning a lot too right?

I guess it comes with not needing winter tires or even needing all season tires.

well we in the NW enjoy rain, snow, and ice in the winter and warm rain in the summer... LOL so we need tires that perform reasonably in those conditions most of the time and that also work for those 3 days of sun in August.... LOL

But I'm cheap and always looking for a sale, discount, or other bargain. I don't intend to pay more for a set of tires on a little car than I'd pay for a set on my Dodge Ram 4x4.

In the end I guess you get what suits your needs as you perceive them. The true value is in the foot of the driver and the drift of the corner :laugh:

well we in the NW enjoy rain, snow, and ice in the winter and warm rain in the summer... LOL so we need tires that perform reasonably in those conditions most of the time and that also work for those 3 days of sun in August.... LOL

Haha, as a Washington native I know what you mean.

I think you mean SPT.

I guess that would be right All Season Track? Street Performance Track?

what is the friggin T for? my radials on the other three corners are ASX, but the tire shop ordered the wrong tire, and it's stickier and has a directional tread pattern, it's an AST.

I'm confused now, I just figured they got me a summer tire on accident. not a bad thing since it's becoming summer, just have to get the rest done, after the 3l, heh.

LMMFAO, WTF

well all that was fun to read

if I was going to blow something up it's be griffin bro's tire for ordering a tire that doesn't match my other three.

anybody got a good source for thermate grenades?

holy crap, I'd expect to be contacted by law enforcement or homeland security after buying that.

BTW, I actually asked about thermAte, the replacement of world war era thermite.

i'm runnig on linlangs and am way more happier with them than the toyos i was running before. and i only paid 68 per tire mounted and balanced

i'm runnig on linlangs and am way more happier with them than the toyos i was running before. and i only paid 68 per tire mounted and balanced

please tell us more

have you ever run kumhos?

I've spent a good time on nankang NS1's, but the kumho's seem to destroy.

I've also used some BFG's, but still, the kumho's kill

any reason I would think your linlangs are better?

I'm open to good cheap rubber

i am not sure that they are better than kuhmas but they are better than the toyos i had(expecialy in the rain) stronger sidewall and seem to be wearing very slowly as far as where to get them i but them from a local shop here...
high point
hpautosport.com
7525 brandt pike
huber heights, ohio
937-233-9211
ask for joe

ignor the web address for some reason its not working

Last edited:
sorry they are linglong tires
* TREADWEAR: 280
* TRACTION: A
* TEMPERATURE: A
* SPEED RATING: 93 W

Last edited:
Dont go for the Kumhos. I had them for a year and a half and had to get new ones. And I put like 10,000 miles on them in that time period. I only use the car as a DD too. Sure I enjoy driving my car, but for the most part Im taking it easy. They were a huge waste of money for me.

Back