• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CF hood on a black car?

klapp

CEG'er
I am planning on buying the CF reverse cowl hood that has been seen on many CSVT's on here. My question is, would it look horrible to not have it painted, and leave it CF on a black car? I ask because, when I see CF from a distance, it looks kind of brown. Just seeing if anyone thinks it may look "tacky".

Any input is greatly appreciated.

look in the official black svt thread and you will see plenty of black contours with cf hoods. honestly i prefer leaving the cf unpainted but if you want a painted light hood i would listen to SVT Loki.
check out ebay for a cf cowl hood because there is a package that is hood and trunk for 575 + 150 shipping

i have the cowl hood and the cf trunk. i have mixed feelings about both. i'll be working on a custom trunk this summer. still not sure what i'll be doing with the hood.

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

If you are going to paint it go fiber glass. Carbon fiber looks awesome on dark cars because you can't really tell until you are up close or the sun hits it just right :drool:
Dark car w/ CF hood (overcast):
newpics004.jpg

newpics001-1.jpg

Dark car w/ CF hood (sunny):
DSC00909.JPG

DSC00893.JPG

If you are going to paint it go fiber glass. Carbon fiber looks awesome on dark cars because you can't really tell until you are up close or the sun hits it just right :drool:
Dark car w/ CF hood (overcast):
newpics004.jpg

Dark car w/ CF hood (sunny):

Purple never looked so good, wait I mean EGGPLANT:cool:. Seriously sick ride, like what you did under the hood too recently.

Purple never looked so good, wait I mean EGGPLANT:cool:. Seriously sick ride, like what you did under the hood too recently.

Thanks - I havn't met up with a better midnight red contour, besides pre98's (bildo) purple people eater :laugh:

ok. carbon fiber can be painted just like any other piece on the car, you just have to prep it like a fiberglass hood.

Back