• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My new SVT

So the car has been to my home state... very nice. To bad it wasn't here the whole time you could have avoided all of that paint fade. However looking at how well the paint was maintained you would then have to be worrying about rust instead... oh well. Nice find look forward to seeing what you do with it... and don't copy everything I've done to my car :laugh:
lol i'll have different rims at least:laugh:

more mods and fixed the hood struts. Bat pipe and KKM with a heatshield installed.
hose location on the front is temp till i can get to the part store and get more hose.
DSC00326.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

if that's a blackcoog port matched 3L, chances are it does not have SVT cams.
if you would like me to i can link his listing when he was selling the car......... it says it has svt cams and now with the secondaries working id believe it cause this car is a whole new animal compared to my old full 3l svt.

edit: nvm i guess he did the cam swap in this one. he usually doesn't on his 3L swaps these days.

oh and a split port aint got :censored: on da full 3L!!!! :) nice buy. that car ownz the coog :D

edit: nvm i guess he did the cam swap in this one. he usually doesn't on his 3L swaps these days.

oh and a split port aint got :censored: on da full 3L!!!! :) nice buy. that car ownz the coog :D
i wish he would chime in here lol id like to get as much history on the car as i can. IDK man I am really liking this setup but its been almost a year since i was in my old full 3l car too.......... idk:shrug:

if you would like me to i can link his listing when he was selling the car......... it says it has svt cams and now with the secondaries working id believe it cause this car is a whole new animal compared to my old full 3l svt.

I wish they were working when I took it on the test drive!

Did you get the power seat working right?

I wish they were working when I took it on the test drive!

Did you get the power seat working right?
ya kinda lol i had to pop the actual cover you normally move the seat with off and hold part of it forward to get it to tilt back but ya im riding more comfortable now lol. I'll let you drive it again to see the difference it made:drool:

cleaned it up a lil and put my wheels on from the cougar.

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00359.jpg

Nice little suprise i found. ss braided brake lines on the rear.
DSC00360.jpg

DSC00361.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

The best pic of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSC00362.jpg

I am not sure I like the wheels on the car so they may be coming back off. LMK what you guys think.

Yea man I'm with Pacific on this one... not really digging the wheels. Some 5 spoke chrome will do you nicely. Just stay away from gold/bronze/titanium colored wheels those would not look good at all :crazy:

3.0L w/SVT heads and intake, high compression and high hp/torque:cool: I like the wheels, alot but paint those calipers since you can see them more now with those wheels!

3.0L w/SVT heads and intake, high compression and high hp/torque:cool: I like the wheels, alot but paint those calipers since you can see them more now with those wheels!

Where are you getting the idea of a hybrid (SVT heads) from? He said that it's a ported 3L, meaning 3L heads in my mind.

Back