• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Project - Face Lift -

seems to me like it's just a current trend to jump in a thread and get retard points for saying whatever is the opposite of what I said.

this is one of the most interesting projects on the CEG in a long time. please stop your hijack of this thread. it definitely isn't about you.

you want a mold. we all understand that. it's not a group decision. if you feel you have the knowledge, skill and resources to make this happen, please make your case to crazytalksvt in PM's. his opinion is the only one that matters.

this is one of the most interesting projects on the CEG in a long time. please stop your hijack of this thread. it definitely isn't about you.

you want a mold. we all understand that. it's not a group decision. if you feel you have the knowledge, skill and resources to make this happen, please make your case to crazytalksvt in PM's. his opinion is the only one that matters.
Well put. This sub-topic is done now. Back to the original thread.

Is that a vent you added to the side of the bumper? I didn't notice it until now.

Now I see, he added that little wave from the svt bumper that the st200 didn't have. :cool:

Now I see, he added that little wave from the svt bumper that the st200 didn't have. :cool:

oh is that what you where talking about? yeah, thats probably the best part of how he went about it, that way it follows the rest of the lines in the body.

I thought you where talking about that fine little black line at the edge of the wheel well.

Hey everyone! Been swamped at work trying to get a Silverado ready for Carcraft Summer Nat. here in MN and havn't had much time to comment or answer any questions.
Thanks for all compliments. I'm stopping in to the body shop tomorrow so that some money can change hands so I'll be able to check the progress then. If it's photo worthy I take a couple pictures.
Are you thinking it'll be painted and ready for CarCraft? :drool:
I won't know until tomorrow. It's a tough call. I want it for Carcraft, but I don't want to press too hard. I know how it feels when someone comes in the shop with the "I want this yesterday" attitude. Can't always get what you want.

As far as the mold topic, there are a lot of reasons I don't plan on making a mold at this time. One big reason is time. I've been without my car this entire summer and I miss rolling it. I need to get the joy of driving it back and would also like to enjoy having the only one for a while. :cool:
Plus I'm really sick of my POS winter beater. :laugh:
Another huge reason is (I believe it was bagged who said earlier) without the crash bumper it will fit worse. This is true. It sags bad and doesn't line up well. So it isn't as simple as popping a mold of just the bumper. Now a crash bumper mold needs to be made because the factory one simply won't work and to duplicate the aluminum one I fabbed up would be well over most peoples price range....and again, another time issue.
The legal issues involved are of concern and I know very little on the subject. More research on this topic would definitely have to be done before I would even contemplate selling these for profit.

Let us just try and keep it friendly in here. I want people to be able to comment freely and not feel like they are going to be called names for voicing an opinion or knowing more/less about a particular subject. I know...I know, it's hard sometimes. :laugh:

Is that a vent you added to the side of the bumper? I didn't notice it until now.

No. There is no vent. What you are seeing is the body line from the factory SVT bumper grafted to the Mondeo bumper. The Mondeo has a smooth side and it was a must (in my eyes) to have the body line from the factory bumper intact.

I was tossing up the idea on removing the piece of plastic that forms a divider in the opening on the front of the bumper. Some people said leave it, that's what makes it a Mondeo bumper. Some said leave it and put mesh behind it.
Well, no matter what it's still mostly a Mondeo bumper. I don't really care for mesh that much...reminds me of chicken coops. So the piece is going bye bye. It just wouldn't look right with the grill idea I have.

Thats all I got for now. Catch ya later.

wow coming along nicely! is the tow hook hole (or whatever it is over there) going to be filled in as well?

I believe that hole is where the mondy guys put the "air horn"

CrazyTalkSVT said:
As far as the mold topic, there are a lot of reasons I don't plan on making a mold at this time. One big reason is time. I've been without my car this entire summer and I miss rolling it. I need to get the joy of driving it back and would also like to enjoy having the only one for a while. :cool:
Plus I'm really sick of my POS winter beater. :laugh:
Another huge reason is (I believe it was bagged who said earlier) without the crash bumper it will fit worse. This is true. It sags bad and doesn't line up well. So it isn't as simple as popping a mold of just the bumper. Now a crash bumper mold needs to be made because the factory one simply won't work and to duplicate the aluminum one I fabbed up would be well over most peoples price range....and again, another time issue.
The legal issues involved are of concern and I know very little on the subject. More research on this topic would definitely have to be done before I would even contemplate selling these for profit.

Let us just try and keep it friendly in here. I want people to be able to comment freely and not feel like they are going to be called names for voicing an opinion or knowing more/less about a particular subject. I know...I know, it's hard sometimes. :laugh:

roger that boss, sorry about getting the thread all cluttered

glad to see you havent totally canned the idea at a later date

IMG_5911copy.jpg

:eek: :drool:

OH MY GOODNESS! thats TIIIIIIIIIIITE!!!! awesome work. how come u posted the picture instead of crazytalk? and i'm sure i speak for everyone else in sayning, " please take more pix, some of the whole car."

Back