• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Project - Face Lift -

...continuing from last post. sorta like this one. belongs to spooj.

Picture015_1024x683.jpg

Picture021_1024x683.jpg

just noticed this... where is the bar that fills that bumper gap as pictured in the one up top^^^? do u have it crazytalk?

So there it be. As a project it isn't fully complete for me so I will still continue to update this thread. I mean lets face it...it does look pretty "gappy" with that center divider removed. It definitely is in dire need of a grill along with some kind of lower lip. That a/c condenser looks like :censored:! LOL
I wish I could have had more time to kill it all in one shot before Carcraft, but it is what it is. I'll just keep pluggin' away.

I think it looks fantastic. You've earned one of the most distinct SVT's around by finally doing something with Mondeo hardware that's been tantalizing ceg members for years.

I think mesh + color matched ring + lip will tie up the loose ends nicely. Hightowers would probably look nice too. If it were me, I'd be tempted to paint the fog inserts a flat color that matches the hightowers.

Is that really the final product? It looks photochopped. Is the svt body line that I though was a vent look like it is at an angle in the bumper? Looks like it is pointing to the sky......

It does point up. The lower body line/crease on the side of the mondeo bumper that wasn't tampered with actually points up slightly. Leveling the stock SVT body line made things look all funky with two different body lines going in different directions. So they were set parallel. If you look at a rear SVT bumper the body lines do the same thing. They sort of kick up.
It wasn't an ideal situation, but it is what it is. :cool:

Working on the grills. Might be a couple weeks before they are installed.

Later!

there are no words i can say to express the awesomeness of this project so i will just sit here in silence.........

It does point up. The lower body line/crease on the side of the mondeo bumper that wasn't tampered with actually points up slightly. Leveling the stock SVT body line made things look all funky with two different body lines going in different directions. So they were set parallel. If you look at a rear SVT bumper the body lines do the same thing. They sort of kick up.
It wasn't an ideal situation, but it is what it is. :cool:

Working on the grills. Might be a couple weeks before they are installed.

Later!

Gotcha, I understand now. Still is fantastic, nice job. Mikey just left to change his undies :laugh:.

for the insurance problem, even if he doesn't want to sell copies, a mold would keep him from losing all this hard work.

on a second note, I would change a few things with this if I had my hands on it.

like.. with the body line issue, I'd have deleted that sharp line in the mondy bumper, put the svt line thraight, and either cut it a little short of the "smile" or smoothed it into the corner of the "smile"

I have bondo waiting.

for the insurance problem, even if he doesn't want to sell copies, a mold would keep him from losing all this hard work.

on a second note, I would change a few things with this if I had my hands on it.

like.. with the body line issue, I'd have deleted that sharp line in the mondy bumper, put the svt line thraight, and either cut it a little short of the "smile" or smoothed it into the corner of the "smile"

I have bondo waiting.
dead_horse.gif
71376235.BISOnVbQ.beatdeadhorse.gif
other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif
deadhorse.gif
deadhorse.gif

1132719_f496.jpg
beating%20dead%20horse.gif

You've made your wish known. REPEATEDLY. He doesn't want to do it. He knows where to find you if he changes his mind. LET IT GO.

Last edited:
my god, you guys just like to go nuts in a thread dont you?

I wasn't asking for anything. he's stated his position. all I was saying is if he had a mold he wouldn't have to do all the work over again.

:shrug:

chill out guys, and stop ting in this thread please

my god, you guys just like to go nuts in a thread dont you?

I wasn't asking for anything. he's stated his position. all I was saying is if he had a mold he wouldn't have to do all the work over again.

:shrug:

chill out guys, and stop ting in this thread please

Right about the same time you stop talking about a mold...any and all remarks to you about it will follow suit I imagine.

i just sat here and spent about 23.5 minutes reading this thread from start to finish..all bulls*** aside.

something we will never get has been incorporated to something already incredible..mad props for the amount of tideous hardwork and chopping and molding you needed to do..words cant really describe how awesomely phenominal that looks.

did someone say they needed a mold maker???:laugh:

that is a seriously nice looking bumper. kuddos on making it look great. it does look gappy as you say without that middle bar.

i wouldnt even want to be in charge of making a mold off that. way to many sharp edges and corners. so many flanges it makes my head hurt. not to mention the amount of time it would take to make just that bumper into a usable plug.

Back