• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stereo gets an overhaul: Pioneer + Boston Acoustics

AliasJerk

Addicted CEG'er
Christmas was a wonderful day for my SVT, she got a new headunit, a Pioneer Premier DEH-P500UB, Which my mom got me for a really good price

12-25-08_1336.jpg

Plus I spent today figuring out how I wanted to install my new Boston Acoustic SX60 component speakers :drool: I wanted to make the install as straight forward and clean as possible, and I wanted the tweeter to sit in a location where the listener could hear all of the high frequencies very easily. I think I outdid myself because even without tuning these things sounds AMAZING, I had enough time to install one of them before it got dark out, tuesday the other one will be going in.

Speaker with mounting plate adaptor made a nice fit, plus those awesome crossover boxes.
01-11-09_1709.jpg

Starting to get dark, but just about buttoned up
01-11-09_1745.jpg

Hum, whats this on the defroster vent? I think its a tweeter :D
01-11-09_1805.jpg

Will post better pics in daylight; the next trick up my sleeve is going to be a PPi amp powering these suckers :drool:

I thought you were going to get a JL amp :shrug: :laugh: :)

What Precision Power amp are you getting?

was going to go JL, until someone offered me a PPi amp for free :D im not sure which one it is, but I do know that I have heard it before and it hits pretty damn hard.

was going to go JL, until someone offered me a PPi amp for free :D im not sure which one it is, but I do know that I have heard it before and it hits pretty damn hard.

You can't beat a free Precision Power amp.

If you are getting it from Elradio that use to be my amp when I traded it to Pud.

You can't beat a free Precision Power amp.

If you are getting it from Elradio that use to be my amp when I traded it to Pud.

He will have to pry it from my cold dead hands. But he can have my sony or alpine amp sitting in the upstairs bedroom.

Please, don't say that again regaurding an amp and its "power". Otherwise, I will have to say the same thing about your mom.

just because I don't know about the power rating or model number of a particular amplifier doesn't mean I don't understand sound systems.

a free Power Precision amp is about as nice as it comes. Its a smaller 2 channel, but my new headunit supports up to 3 separate amplifiers.

just because I don't know about the power rating or model number of a particular amplifier doesn't mean I don't understand sound systems.

a free Power Precision amp is about as nice as it comes. Its a smaller 2 channel, but my new headunit supports up to 3 separate amplifiers.

Just saying an amp hits hard seems like the poser line. Yo. :laugh: My PPi amp cost me waaaaaaaaaaaay too much money....at least I got a car with it though.

I almost went with that HU, but I wanted the USB and Ipod adapter on the face plate. But I do like the Pioneer brand.:cool:

I didn't like that, I feel like it clutters up the face plate and makes it all ugly, I can tuck away the iPod wires and iPod this way whenever I want to and have it still playing music. My last stereo had an AUX port on the front of it, and I had a wire for the charger, and one for the audio, made my dash look too messy.

Back