• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BURNING PHONE BOOK MEET

Indeed, scheduling a meet is not always the easiest undertaking. You would think with the somewhat youthful average age around here that most folks would be living pretty free and easy, and not need a ton of advance notice to show up for beers and burgers, or what have you.

In that spirit, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring, though a weekend beats a weeknight. How about Saturday the 23rd at 2PM, for example, at a Ninety-Nine in north central or northeastern CT or south central, southeastern MA?

How's Friday night instead, at like 7?

How's Friday night instead, at like 7?

But...what about bingo?

See, this is where it always gets challenging. I set up a "meet" at a steakhouse once last year -- there were three of us; dunny668, myself, and Po (FrozenSection). Po brought his 1978 T-Bird with the 351, which was pretty great. But my point is that we were unable to attract a crowd -- no big deal, but it is what it is. Personally, at my stage in life, I like the daytime affairs, as they lend themselves to a nice drive on the way there. I don't know if that rings your chimes at all, but keep in mind we've got a three day weekend upon us. I could do this coming Monday.

I prefer daytime affairs or even mid week night time affairs that aren't too far away. I usually have plans on weekend nights.

Well, now that we've established that we turn into pumpkins after the sun goes down, what's the verdict? I'm all for putting this together -- pick a weekend from Monday the 18th (President's Day) onward, and we'll see how it goes.

But...what about bingo?

See, this is where it always gets challenging. I set up a "meet" at a steakhouse once last year -- there were three of us; dunny668, myself, and Po (FrozenSection). Po brought his 1978 T-Bird with the 351, which was pretty great. But my point is that we were unable to attract a crowd -- no big deal, but it is what it is. Personally, at my stage in life, I like the daytime affairs, as they lend themselves to a nice drive on the way there. I don't know if that rings your chimes at all, but keep in mind we've got a three day weekend upon us. I could do this coming Monday.

Good for me. I have to do nights. And BTW, the tour wont be there, I have to ride in Steve's Blazer (see Myspace). The tranny is dead in the 'tour, and so is the battery.

im down as long as wannabe brings his girlfriend so i can tap that too:p
hahaha

Watch it, I just pm'd someone about that. IDC, just I'm sure she'd be offended if she read this thread. You guys can pick on me all you want, just try to keep her out of this since she's not here to defend herself. I'm not mad, I just don't want to talk about that stuff when she's not around.:cool:

Watch it, I just pm'd someone about that. IDC, just I'm sure she'd be offended if she read this thread. You guys can pick on me all you want, just try to keep her out of this since she's not here to defend herself. I'm not mad, I just don't want to talk about that stuff when she's not around.:cool:

i mean no harm. I'm a girl so it's completely illegitimate. haha. it's cool.

So it has to be at night. Well, you're quarterbacking this one, so I'll play along. What night works for folks around here?

Short notice -- Saturday the 16th, Sunday the 17th, or Monday the 18th.

Medium notice -- Friday the 22nd or Sunday the 24th.

What are we thinking, like 7 PM? Some of us have to take our fiber, so that shouldn't be too late.

Wannabe, Hotdimmes, Elky, Cobra, Frenchy, Brapple, rouar, Bish, Zorrex and wife, etc. -- let's have it. :cool:

So it has to be at night. Well, you're quarterbacking this one, so I'll play along. What night works for folks around here?

Short notice -- Saturday the 16th, Sunday the 17th, or Monday the 18th.

Medium notice -- Friday the 22nd or Sunday the 24th.

What are we thinking, like 7 PM? Some of us have to take our fiber, so that shouldn't be too late.

Wannabe, Hotdimmes, Elky, Cobra, Frenchy, Brapple, rouar, Bish, Zorrex and wife, etc. -- let's have it. :cool:

The wife and I are booked up for the rest of Feb, unfortunately. :(

i mean no harm. I'm a girl so it's completely illegitimate. haha. it's cool.

That WAS you!!!! Do with her what you want, as long as I get to watch...:shrug: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Soo...
1.)BOMB
2.)BloodyTom
3.)Laura
4.)Apple
5.)Hotdimmes
6.)Wannabe

Accurate?

Last edited:
Which of the days are we going with?

Got to thinking about who's over 21 -- 'bout half the group so far, from the look of things. I think I'd feel really old if I were the only one having a beer. :laugh:

Which of the days are we going with?

Got to thinking about who's over 21 -- 'bout half the group so far, from the look of things. I think I'd feel really old if I were the only one having a beer. :laugh:

No worries, I can deal with not having a beer. But since it's @ 99, you MUST order a Sam. How does Monday sound to everyone?

No worries, I can deal with not having a beer. But since it's @ 99, you MUST order a Sam. How does Monday sound to everyone?

I can do that. The earlier the better. Now which one? Attleboro, Auburn, and Franklin work best for me as southern compromises.

Hows the Frank sound?

That's fine with me. I don't know where everyone else is coming from, however. Lindsey is out in Springfield, so Franklin's a bit of a haul. Auburn may work better for her. Hotdimmes in in Hartford, so maybe could go either way. I don't know where BloodyTomFlint lives, though it's in Mass. Franklin is certainly more convenient for me, but I'll do Auburn if it helps other folks. I guess we'll just see where this goes -- hopefully we'll have it sorted out by tomorrow.

That's fine with me. I don't know where everyone else is coming from, however. Lindsey is out in Springfield, so Franklin's a bit of a haul. Auburn may work better for her. Hotdimmes in in Hartford, so maybe could go either way. I don't know where BloodyTomFlint lives, though it's in Mass. Franklin is certainly more convenient for me, but I'll do Auburn if it helps other folks. I guess we'll just see where this goes -- hopefully we'll have it sorted out by tomorrow.

I'm 15min out of Norwich, so Attleborough is a freakin drive for me. But I could probably get Stevo to drive to Franklin. Hey, it's not my gas...:shrug: :laugh:

Back