• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stereo gets an overhaul: Pioneer + Boston Acoustics

So how do you like the tweeters by the mirror mount covers? I know soundQSVT is always saying kick panel mounting is best but this still has to be a bit better than everything in the door right?

So how do you like the tweeters by the mirror mount covers? I know soundQSVT is always saying kick panel mounting is best but this still has to be a bit better than everything in the door right?

tweeters are on the door defroster vents, so in answer to your question, yes.

Kick panels are definately a better way to go, however, I drive my car long distances and I love putting my foot on the dead pedal, which a kick panel would eliminate, besides, this is a budget project.

I need to redirection the tweeters a little bit though, as it stands they are pointing directly at passenger/driver, its a little overwhelming how much power they put out, even with the tweeter at a -4db impedance. So I am going to angle them upward so they aren't pointing directly at the listener.

coming this spring (im so sick of working in the cold) I am going to power the Boston Acoustic speakers off a Power Precision amp, which will require me to build an amp rack and probably re-run a bigger gauge power wire to the trunk, or get a capacitor, either way its a lot more wiring :crazy:

I will have to snap a couple more pics when I get some new batteries for my camera.

Back