• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID bulb differences

I should be getting my apexcone kit tomorrow, and I ordered them 2 sundays ago, I ordered the 35 watt kit with the 4500K

I forgot to update this thread, but did update another thread I started in the electrical forum. Anyway, I've had the Raptors in since Sunday, and they work awesome! The light output is incredible! I need to do some testing to see if I can aim them up anymore without blinding people. My fiance was in front of me last night and said they weren't annoying her at all.

Brian, if you keep having problems with them firing up, you'll probably end up having to get a relay harness like I did.

Mark

Brian, if you keep having problems with them firing up, you'll probably end up having to get a relay harness like I did.

Mark

i have been using the DDM hids for 2 weeks or so now and never had one issue. I don't see why i would need a harness with these and not the others. I think it was a fluke as they fired fine this morning. and this is with the same bulbs I had in the car that I got before. so to me that says ballast issue

i have been using the DDM hids for 2 weeks or so now and never had one issue. I don't see why i would need a harness with these and not the others. I think it was a fluke as they fired fine this morning. and this is with the same bulbs I had in the car that I got before. so to me that says ballast issue
Was the car running when they had problems starting? If not that was probably the problem. Always make sure you start the car before turning on your headlights with HIDs.

Was the car running when they had problems starting? If not that was probably the problem. Always make sure you start the car before turning on your headlights with HIDs.

the first time the car was not running. when it didn't fire I believe I had started teh car already.

again with the DDM hids they would light fine with the car not running.

typically I do start the car first.

Maybe I read your post wrong. I thought you put them into a different car. That tells me the electrical system in that car may not be adequate to fire the HID's, even if your other car was. If they're different ballasts in the same car, they may have different start-up voltage requirements, meaning one set may fire right up, while the others struggle.

Mark

Since one started fine and the other flickered I would guess it has enough power but the one ballast had a brain fart.

I have a 5000k kit on the way. :cool: I almost went with the 55w kit, but didn't want to blind anyone too much. If I end up getting high beam HIDs I'll get the 55w kit. I'll post pics as soon as they are in.

I still havent had a single person flash me so as long as they're not adjusted high I dont think blinding would be an issue even with the 55w since it seems to be the color or height that blinds people.

my raptor kit still acts up from time to time. left work yesterday and only one light fired. this morning both did without issue .... I put the DDM balasts back in and there was no issues. so it seems to possible be a temp related thing, but I'm not sure.

Hmm thats odd that its a temp thing. I still need to keep checking for a foglight kit.

I believe it is. they where fine for awhile then it got cold again and it was an issue at time. yesterday it was cooler and rainy when I left work and one didn't fire. this morning was about the same I suppose, but the car was in the garage, fired right up. if they are consistant in the warmth, ie summer I'll just get a DDM kit to replace but get it with fog lamp bulbs and use the raptors as a fog lamp kit on one of the other cars.

and I didn't use the bulbs that came with the balasts, but they where identical looking and the same color/wattage bulbs.

ok well my HID kit came for my explorer today, so I go and install, this is the 9007 dual filiment bulb, well I broke 1 bulb, so I get the other 1 in fine and it worked.Of course this is DDM tuning I got the raptor kit, but I'm wondering if anybody has broke a part of there HID system, and called DDM tuning and got the part they need for free? cause I just need them 2 send me 2 new HID bulbs, I was about to e-mail them to see they have no e-mail :( so i have to call them while I'm at work tomorrow

highly doubt they would cover installer error. But I'm sure they will sell you another set of bulbs :shrug:

yeah lol, but I ordered new bulbs for the Explorer saturday after I called them on friday, and they said sent a pic of what the bulbs look like. so I just ordered a new set of bulbs, but I did manage to get 1 bulb in right though, just to see how it looks, and then I have to wire the dang thing up, with all them long wires and try to keep it organized, not just hanging down

Well since this is the most active HID thread I'll post pics here...

0405091223.jpg

0405091308.jpg

Cell phone pics suck, I know. I'll take another with the good camera when the car is running better:mad: BTW: 5000k

0406092029a.jpg

Back