• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID bulb differences

Sorry for bringing a dead thread back to life.....

I just installed my Raptor kit in my accord. Well thats what i ordered, where or how do you tell its the "raptor" kit? Anyways I cut the little tab on my connnector to get the polarity correct and used the double sided tape to hold the components down. I wish I had side by side pictures of the old and new. I will say this though they are clear and white, very nice I can't wait to go on a late night drive with these. Now to get some composite lamps for my geo and get another raptor kit for it!

FYI I got my kit today via UPS, I had a tracking number about half a day after ordering.

Sorry for bringing a dead thread back to life.....

I just installed my Raptor kit in my accord. Well thats what i ordered, where or how do you tell its the "raptor" kit? Anyways I cut the little tab on my connnector to get the polarity correct and used the double sided tape to hold the components down. I wish I had side by side pictures of the old and new. I will say this though they are clear and white, very nice I can't wait to go on a late night drive with these. Now to get some composite lamps for my geo and get another raptor kit for it!

FYI I got my kit today via UPS, I had a tracking number about half a day after ordering.

what K rating did u get? the 4500K? but if it's the raptor kit u got the ballast should be silver and very small, the whole thing should fit in the palm of your hand ;)

I got both my kits from DDM for both cars 1996 Explorer and my 2000 SVT contour, but the next step soon is HID's in the fog's for both cars!!

OK then i got the raptor kit....4500K. Nice kit for the money. The paper work said they had a lifetime warranty in tha back of the instruction manual. So I dunno maybe they do again?

seeing this today I ordered a raptor kit in 3k for my fogs. I will let everyone know what i think when i get hem in.

seeing this today I ordered a raptor kit in 3k for my fogs. I will let everyone know what i think when i get hem in.

if you want the IS300 look your going to be disappointed. If you want a slightly more yellow than halogen/Easter Egg yellow then you will like it.

if you want the IS300 look your going to be disappointed. If you want a slightly more yellow than halogen/Easter Egg yellow then you will like it.
eh worst case ill tint the fogs yellow too I just kinda wanted to avoid that........ oh well i'll see how i like them when i get them in. Thanks for the heads up though lol

yea i had the 3000k in there and I just wasn't satisfied. So I took them out and put in the 4300k for the added lumens and yellow tinted them

ya so they show up and i go to check them out and both ballast start smoking like hell so my first impression of the product is not very good at all. customer service seems to be ok so far. already have return shipping setup and everything.

I wouldnt be either. Sounds like you wired it backwards from what it expected and upset the ballast.
there is only one way to hook the thing up how in the hell do you think it could have been hooked up wrong!? there was a red wire and a black wire. Now unless somebody has changed something and i missed the memo red is power and black is ground right??????????? I hooked up the first and it smoked immediately. I then went to the second one to see if it was just a fluke. It fired and lit just like it should. I tossed them in the car and we went to lunch. I came back and wanted to test them again to find the bad one to send back and then they both did it. btw if anyone cares the reg vvme kits after shipping right now are a buck cheaper than the pos raptor kit from ddm. I just ordered a kit from them and a replacement ballast cause i had one go bad on an old kit. now i have enough to do fogs dims and brights lol

as i recall the raptor kit isn't even a year old yet. from what I read on the bimmer forums they went on sale around thanksgiving last year. there are bound to be some issues with a new product.

sounds like something is just off with your set I haven't read anything like this before. I believe cannondalemtb is running a set in his fog lamps right now, actually that might be the DDM kit but still it should be the 880 kit.

Back