• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stage 2 Driveshafts

well i almost had enough power to break one before. it de-laminated my tires instead. warranty's are cool. anyways, now i just have the N/A 3L so i dont even have enough power to break an axle realistically. that makes me sad in my pants.

the info on this post are quite good to read about, i only hope that the driveshaft shop sorted them out, as said before i dont wanna break these as they were 700 dollars + so not exacally cheap but with the stage 1 being sold i thought i might as well go for the stage 2, after reading yalls post im glad i did now, i would have been worried if i only got the stage 1s, ill let yall know how i get on with it when they get a hammering :)

well i almost had enough power to break one before. it de-laminated my tires instead. warranty's are cool. anyways, now i just have the N/A 3L so i dont even have enough power to break an axle realistically. that makes me sad in my pants.

There have been plenty of people with NA 3L's breaking stock ones ;) If I had any sort of sticky tires I'd be worried about it with my car :shrug:

I got a call from Ultra rev yesterday and mine were being heat treated and will be shipped out Monday, I emailed them once to see the status and they have been great on replying and letting me know whats going on.

I got a call from Ultra rev yesterday and mine were being heat treated and will be shipped out Monday, I emailed them once to see the status and they have been great on replying and letting me know whats going on.
Ryan you should send them off to get cryoed. they wont break then :D:D there is a company in the Chicago area (IIRC) that does it although i cant think of their name off hand.

Ryan you should send them off to get cryoed. they wont break then :D:D there is a company in the Chicago area (IIRC) that does it although i cant think of their name off hand.

I am still debating it, I have a friend thats gotten all his stuff done on his terminator cryoed, so I am gonna call his guy and see what it will cost to get them done.

I am still debating it, I have a friend thats gotten all his stuff done on his terminator cryoed, so I am gonna call his guy and see what it will cost to get them done.
i say do it. you should never have to buy another set of axles for the car again :laugh::laugh:

Mine came in last night, I didnt feel like taking them all the way out but they look great.

140b2ap.jpg

No in person they look alot different than stockers. Yeah I have some slicks and drag radials that will be used. I am gonna go with the radials first and see if that does the trick, I have a feeling slicks with a hard launch will snap even stage 2 axle's.

No in person they look alot different than stockers. Yeah I have some slicks and drag radials that will be used. I am gonna go with the radials first and see if that does the trick, I have a feeling slicks with a hard launch will snap even stage 2 axle's.

if that's true, then i'd have to return them. what are drag radials? what's the diff between them and slicks? thats so not fair. a buddy with a 500hp focus is using his stock axles:cry:

The difference is radial construction and a tread pattern as opposed to bias ply construction in the slicks. Some say drag radials aren't as consistent as slicks on marginal tracks........and yes, somehow they are DOT approved as slicks arent.

Back