• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID bulb differences

POS raptor kit eh? I'd beg to differ, no problems here with mine.
i'll buy the vvme from here on out i will say that much. They are cheaper, plus I havent had anything like this happen with a kit EVER. The best hid kit I have ever had is the one I got thru a gb on here years ago. It was expensive but I havent had the first problem out of them. still kicking thru numerous vehicles.

MIne will be used alot as its my DD for hauling my daughter around and they already passed the kid flicking the lights on and off test eleventy billion times. If mine ???? the bed I will post it up trust me. If a product fails to deliver I will let everyone know!

MIne will be used alot as its my DD for hauling my daughter around and they already passed the kid flicking the lights on and off test eleventy billion times. If mine ???? the bed I will post it up trust me. If a product fails to deliver I will let everyone know!
im going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now. so far customer service seems to be on the good side as i got an ra# and a paid ups return label right when i called. I am going to be shipping them back tomorrow, so we will see how long the turn around time is

So I bought the DDM kit. Installed it, turn the car on and flick the switch...nothing. Neither bulb fires.

Everything was installed correctly. I took a look at the bulbs, and Im not sure if this is normal, but both bulbs have like a haze in the center spherical part of the bulb (circled below) They were like this when I took them out of the box. Whats going on?

_MG_9979.jpg

Kevin, stepping up in the lighting world eh? ;)

that's normal. All HID bulbs have that. It is the collection of salts that produces the color.

couple things to try...first is try switching the positive and negative on the bulb. A lot of the kit companies have the wires switched for some reason.

Does the DDM kit have a relay that connects to the battery AND 9006 socket or just the 9006 socket?

If it connects to the battery double check the + and - connections again.

Do you hear a "click" "click-ing" or "buzz" when you try to fire the bulbs?

Try that and let me know what you find

ust ordered another set. Raptor V2 4500K H7's for my 07 R6. Almost went with the $$$ slim ballast kit but the V2's now have a lifetime warranty for a $29.95 kit can't go wrong.

My first kit has been awesome thus far. I'm driving my accord everyday now and the lights are on for usually 1-3+ hours. I love being able to see the road.

Received raptor kit V2's yesterday,ballasts are bigger and heavier,but now come with a lifetime warranty. Rumor has it on the R6 forums ballast V3's are coming out. Susposed to be like the slim ballast I hear. The V2's come with nice polished SS covers now.....if you like the shiny stuff.

Same here. I hooked mine all up and wondered what did I do wrong. I turned it around for some reason because I remembered my buddies AE86 had to do that, and it WA-LAH! It worked.

I think most of use had did that!! I did also, then I remembered wat poeple said on here, and poof they worked, and have not had any issues on both my cars with the HIDS yet!!

and I have HID's in my stock fog lamps on my explorer, and have not had an issue with them also, I plan to do the cars fog lmaps next year for sure in spring/summer time

I think most of use had did that!! I did also, then I remembered wat poeple said on here, and poof they worked, and have not had any issues on both my cars with the HIDS yet!!

and I have HID's in my stock fog lamps on my explorer, and have not had an issue with them also, I plan to do the cars fog lmaps next year for sure in spring/summer time

I'm actually about to do that probably within the next two weeks. I'll be ordering a set for the SVTs fogs. I'll be doing 3000k for a yellow look. Even though the blue-ish white is already making the stock fog bulbs look more yellow than they really are! hahah :laugh:

I'm actually about to do that probably within the next two weeks. I'll be ordering a set for the SVTs fogs. I'll be doing 3000k for a yellow look. Even though the blue-ish white is already making the stock fog bulbs look more yellow than they really are! hahah :laugh:

Which kit are u buying for the fogs? I didn't see the exact bulb type listed. I may have missed it though

Edit: nevermind....found it. I need the 880 kit for the fogs.

Last edited:
Can anyone post pictures of where you mounted the ballasts? I'm looking for ideas of where to mount them.

my raptor kit still acts up from time to time. left work yesterday and only one light fired. this morning both did without issue .... I put the DDM balasts back in and there was no issues. so it seems to possible be a temp related thing, but I'm not sure.

Just wanted to add an update to this thread. I have been using the rator hid kit since I got it last year and it appears that one ballast finally gave out last night. I swapped ballasts from side to side and the "bad" ballast didn't light either time. So I swapped then out with a DDMtuning set from one of the other cars. all lights are working except for the one attached to the "bad" ballast.

So I'm hoping this is just a fluke. I am still very happy with the kits and would still recommend DDM tuning. Now to see how the retunr/warrenty process works...

Alight i'm new to the HID game and had some questions, I looked through most of the thread and didn't see what I was looking for. First of all is HID wiring kit suggested to buy? Is the error code eliminator suggested as well? Also I would like to put HID's in the foglights, a few posts up it mentions 880 as the correct bulb, just double checking is it the correct one?

most do not need the wiring, unless you want it or are runnign 55 watt HIDs.

our cars do not need to code eliminators as they don't have the system.

yes 880 has the same bulb base as the 893 that where stock on our cars.

Just wanted to add an update to this thread. I have been using the rator hid kit since I got it last year and it appears that one ballast finally gave out last night. I swapped ballasts from side to side and the "bad" ballast didn't light either time. So I swapped then out with a DDMtuning set from one of the other cars. all lights are working except for the one attached to the "bad" ballast.

So I'm hoping this is just a fluke. I am still very happy with the kits and would still recommend DDM tuning. Now to see how the retunr/warrenty process works...

I got a reply from DDm today. They are indicating that the older (like I have) Raptor kits only have a one year warrenty. However at the time i ordered my order stated lifetime warrenty. I also found the thread I previously read on the bimmerforums that stated that the warrenty changed Jan 23, 2009, after I purchased my kit. I believe it was noted in this thread also.

So we will see what they say.

on a side note, the ddmtuning ballasts light almost instantly, the raptor ones I have where alot slower.

edit: got another reply and will be getting a RMA for the ballast. thumbs up for the cutomer service.

Last edited:
Back