• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Aircougar Performance - Powdercoating and Automotive repair/modification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Greg and Brian at Aircougar for your help today. i was stuck in traffic in albany on the way back. i got a real good feel for the shifts and its a lot better. but i know i will be needing a clutch soonish(end of summer maybe) and ill probly end up changing the cables at that time. There is no doubt i will be back considering the great prices and the great knowldge you guys have.

Thanks Mike, for coming out to see us! Glad we could help you out so quickly, too.

Hope your dad was happy you made the trip out here... he seemed pretty happy about what we did for you.

Let us know when you are ready to get the other stuff done... See you soon! :)

Thanks Mike, for coming out to see us! Glad we could help you out so quickly, too.

Hope your dad was happy you made the trip out here... he seemed pretty happy about what we did for you.

Let us know when you are ready to get the other stuff done... See you soon! :)

yeah we were both really happy and relieved that i dont need a new transmission. and the problem is acctually something relativly cheap, somewhat easy, and not $2000. I will deffiniatly let you know when i need more work. hopefully in the summer ill be doing a few upgrades ill need help with.

This is really going to turn out to be the place to go around your area for people who need help. You should start an ongoing list of customers and what you did for them. Kind of like what I show on my ad so if anyone has questions about the quality from you guys they have the opportunity to PM anyone on the list that probably had the same work done that they might want..... This is really an awesome service and at really good prices too.

This is really going to turn out to be the place to go around your area for people who need help. You should start an ongoing list of customers and what you did for them. Kind of like what I show on my ad so if anyone has questions about the quality from you guys they have the opportunity to PM anyone on the list that probably had the same work done that they might want..... This is really an awesome service and at really good prices too.

thanks to everyone that has possitively comment on the work that we do. our goal is to help the people here and on NECO with their cars. As many know if you go to a shop that doesn't know our cars it can often lead to problem or high bills. We at Aircougar Performance know these cars and have great labor rated when compared to a shop.

We are keeping a list of work that we do, will have to post that sometime soon. Honestly we have done so many engine swaps, etc over the last two year I don't know if we could name everyone we have helped out.

But it is because of you guys that we are doing this. Its because you that we made the jump to a shop so we can work inside out of the weather.

We are here to help you. so like it was mentiones before we will work on anything. I know Aicougar swapped an older M3 engine himself, just installed headers on a V6 Eclipse, has changed brakes and oil on an uncountable number of other cars.

So contact use with what ever you want done and we will do our best to work something out and get the job done.

Also just another example to Aicougar Performance being here for the members of the site. recently alexzeroo picked up an SVT and got it running again with a 3L only to wipe out in the snow we had the other day. Because of the holidays and all we are planning to install all the needed new suspension components once alexeroo gets then for a discounted price or for free, to help our friend and a local member out this holiday season.

Just something to think about guys.

If you make a list of all the work you have done and you publish your prices kinda making things easy for the state or IRS if they ever come nosing around. Don't know if you're set up as a reporting business or not. Probably being paranoid but better safe than sorry.

You think they would really come after a small internet business like that.... ?? I hope not.

I recently started a list of what cars, who owns them, and parts I did, just so I can try and remember What I fixed on that person's vehicle...

Not so much to show what we are doing, just so I don't forget what I did on who's car... I have worked on so many vehicles that I have lost track of the stuff I have done for each one, and the owner will say to me, "remember when we changed this out, and you said that had to be fixed, or changed???"... most of the time, I don't ...

So now I have a list going of just that and for that reason only... prices are not written down, just the owner, vehicle, and parts changed.

Yes, they will come after small internet businesses. If you are making money from the service you provide, be prepared for the tax man to cometh calling at some point :mad:. You need to be liscenced and collect all appropriate fees and taxes. You should also set up an LLC or something similar so your personal assets are not at risk. If something happens with a part or service you provide and you end up in court, you need to CYA!

Yes, they will come after small internet businesses. If you are making money from the service you provide, be prepared for the tax man to cometh calling at some point :mad:. You need to be liscenced and collect all appropriate fees and taxes. You should also set up an LLC or something similar so your personal assets are not at risk. If something happens with a part or service you provide and you end up in court, you need to CYA!

I appreciate your concern. We have covered this in other threads on NECo and here I believe, but if you want to discuss this more, send me a PM... we are trying not to clutter this thread.

I don't consider myself a business by any means even at this point. I do all of this work for my family and friends, and their families... I consider this forum and NECO my friends, as most of us become very good friends after helping each other out...

But like I said, please PM me if you have more to say about your concerns...

Also just another example to Aicougar Performance being here for the members of the site. recently alexzeroo picked up an SVT and got it running again with a 3L only to wipe out in the snow we had the other day. Because of the holidays and all we are planning to install all the needed new suspension components once alexeroo gets then for a discounted price or for free, to help our friend and a local member out this holiday season.

That was the best PM that i could ever get, especially at the time when i was really "hurting". Again i want to thank you guys very much for the offer but unfortunately the car was not going to make it that far.

As for the service provided in the past A+++

And also the work done on andrewm6097 cougar was great.

Good luck and i'm looking forward to do some more business with you guys.

Public Shout out!!

Public Shout out!!

I wanted to take this opportunity to publicly thank Greg for all the effort he put into my SVT and for offering to take some time to look over some issues following the install of a new starter/alternator.

After the install of these components, I began having what I could only describe as a voltage regulator issue, along with a CEL. Not only was Greg willing to assist in finding the issue, he stayed late to allow me to bring my car in to have him look it over again. He managed to find a loose O2 sensor harness and a broken clamp going to the water pump- which cured the car of the CEL and the coolant light I was getting. Thanks again Greg!!! I'll be seeing you soon, I'm sure!

BTW, it was nice to meet you the other day Chris!

I can vouch for a LOT of good work that Greg has done on my car. He doesn't burn a hole in my pocket like other mechanics do, and he is very reliable and can fix almost anything! He's familiar with ALL types of cars.

Keep up the good work Greg :cool:

Thank You Aircougar Performance for all you have done for me this weekend!

My car is running and I will test it 100% when the weather gets better!

Aircougar Performance:

Installed LCAs, Rebuilt my Transmission with Torsen, some better bearing, Focus Shift Tower, Roller Bearing Shift forks, Half my Samco Hoses Kit, NPG/PRT Mounts.

My Car IS WORKING!!!!! After how many months of being down? 6 UGH!!!!

I will def be out there again so everyone can go over my car if there are bad things going on with my car!

- amyn

i would probly have you guys do some work for me but your so far away.:blackeye:

can anyone vouch for noticeable differences with reinforced contorl arms? its the only thing i can easily send you guys for work, unless i get money for other stuff that brapple could bring along to SZ. :shrug:

Thank You Aircougar Performance for all you have done for me this weekend!

My car is running and I will test it 100% when the weather gets better!

Aircougar Performance:

Installed LCAs, Rebuilt my Transmission with Torsen, some better bearing, Focus Shift Tower, Roller Bearing Shift forks, Half my Samco Hoses Kit, NPG/PRT Mounts.

My Car IS WORKING!!!!! After how many months of being down? 6 UGH!!!!

I will def be out there again so everyone can go over my car if there are bad things going on with my car!

- amyn

You left out the part where you almost crushed our Precious Air K ouugar :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And for the the record Boyz and Girlz AirCougar Performance has done so much work on my Svt that I would have to keep editing my post to keep up with everything.

Also My brother who picked up a 98 SF SVT recently is getting 3L~torsen~Clutch~Opt-Y~Headers and AC Comp Installed. All work will be done By Aircougar Performance

And Yes The 300+ miles of driving to get work done by someone who knows These cars like the back of his hand is worth the drive....

Seriously you could have killed him you nut job :crazy:

I'll be up there this Sunday and Monday
I didnt mean to man!!!! and from that I dount think I am ever towing my car in the winter!

Hope everything is ok! He seemed ok throughout the day besides a bit of soreness.

- amyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back