• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Your "SZ get ready" list - start now so you don't run out of time!

lol i just lost so much respect for you.

crap? i beg to differ.

your little piece of steel with plastic joints on each end are junk.

the updated aluminum ones actually have real joints, and guess what, they'll come off because there is room for a real wrench on the backside! :D

lol i just lost so much respect for you.

crap? i beg to differ.

your little piece of steel with plastic joints on each end are junk.

the updated aluminum ones actually have real joints, and guess what, they'll come off because there is room for a real wrench on the backside! :D

no they are a much cheaper design. there is no dust boot, fail imho. if they are so great why did we have one freeze up on my fathers 99 and start making noise? A real joint? its a metal ball in a plastic socket, so a plastic joint yet again. there is plenty of room to get a wrench on the backside of the original links.

the moog ones you can get are much better. not only are they larger but they are greaseable, which is much better.

I have the updated Ford ones (I just kinda ended up with them. I wouldn't have chosen them voluntarily :laugh:).

They suck. The end.

you guys are minus a brain. seriously. these things are 10x the piles of garbage that came on my car.

how many have you seen or changed? ask aircougar, he has seen more then his fair share and he will agree he doesn't like them either.

That's why you took tomorrow off though, right?
:(

I did not. And I can't call in sick, got several meetings to attend, a surprise project to complete by Friday (due to a major problem encountered last Friday) and we're already shorthanded two people.

Well, I could call in sick, but my coworkers would kill me :laugh:

it never ends... i was replacing a koni and pryed a little too much on the LCA

axle.jpg

Trying to get MP3's off my CD's... this is really much harder than it ought to be and is REALLY pissing me off! All the people who told me this is easy LIED!

Last edited:
Back