• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Your "SZ get ready" list - start now so you don't run out of time!

i got a TON done today.
-tranny flush with RP synchromax
-fixed broken tranny mount
-removed front bumper so i can cut my holes for the NPG intake tomorrow
-got the right hardware(finally) and finally got my throttle spacer on there
-little blue ford emblem on the steering wheel
-oil change
-installed stazi gen2 mesh in the front bumper
-ordered new tires from tire rack. hellooooo wide and sticky tires.

i ordered 245/45/18 KDW2's, so i'll have a bit of work to get those to fit nice without rubbing. i know you all think im crazy for getting that size, but theres nothing better than having power and traction.

all i have left is:

-cut out the rusty broken bolts from the front bumper
-reinstall bumper with fresh hardware
-install NPG intake
-grind a little more from the rear caliper bracket for the NPG brakes
-register the car :laugh:
-inspection
-insurance

ughhhhh

szwork.jpg

i got quite a bit done today as well. brakes are done on all 4 corners calipers and rotor hats painted. striker front links on. fixed my rear subframe and mounted my swaybar back correctly. plugs and oil change are done. new component set in front doors. B&m shifter installed.

Still need to get my headliner back in center console, new amp and sub, iac valve, sideskirts sanded and primed at the very least, and my pass side racing seat brackets finished and seat installed then i'll have as much done as I can get done b4 hand. Rain has put me way behind. should have been done with this crap days ago.

I'm looking to get rear steel braided brake lines installed and repaint the rear calipers tonight. Saturday looks like its going to be spent cleaning the car before the trip and addressing any other things left to do. have to try again for the front end links and the lower bolt on the sway bar just doesn't want to come off.

I'm looking to get rear steel braided brake lines installed and repaint the rear calipers tonight. Saturday looks like its going to be spent cleaning the car before the trip and addressing any other things left to do. have to try again for the front end links and the lower bolt on the sway bar just doesn't want to come off.

i had the same problem. since i didnt want the old end links, i put a breaker bar on and tightened it till it snapped off. somethin to think about.....

i had the same problem. since i didnt want the old end links, i put a breaker bar on and tightened it till it snapped off. somethin to think about.....

well depending on how bad they are I was going to use them on the mystique. with 212k they should be ready for a replacment :laugh:, just can't really justify spending money on new parts for that car. I'm already planning to use the 100k strut mounts I removed from the SE on the mystique also ... but worse case yes I will have to cut or break the bolt, etc ...

All I have done is I got my car cover finally.

Now all I need to do is
-Replace drivers side axle (have the axle, will do it saturday)
-Replace little lost RP in trans (have it and will do saturday)
-Take off drag wheels and put 19's back on front (will do saturday)
-Clean the car (saturday)
-Pick up trailer(Picking it up sunday evening)
-Pack the car (saturday)

well depending on how bad they are I was going to use them on the mystique. with 212k they should be ready for a replacment :laugh:, just can't really justify spending money on new parts for that car. I'm already planning to use the 100k strut mounts I removed from the SE on the mystique also ... but worse case yes I will have to cut or break the bolt, etc ...

dude i just replaced my rear strut mounts and my old ones were fine with about 70k on them. you can have them for free for your mystique if you want......

dude i just replaced my rear strut mounts and my old ones were fine with about 70k on them. you can have them for free for your mystique if you want......

ah ... the mystique has 212k, the contour only has 100k ... so I'm good though, thanks.

i think the DSS axles get broken more than the stock ones do. i wouldn't upgrade. i'd just stock up on napa rebuilds :D

how is it that with 300 whp on a 100 shot of nitrous i couldnt blow a diff or an axle, with a stage3 clutch, but i could break every motor mount on the car?

i think the DSS axles get broken more than the stock ones do. i wouldn't upgrade. i'd just stock up on napa rebuilds :D

how is it that with 300 whp on a 100 shot of nitrous i couldnt blow a diff or an axle, with a stage3 clutch, but i could break every motor mount on the car?

I agree, I wont ever buy stage 2 axle's again. I never ever had a problem with stockers, and the 4 passes before passtime was with stock axle's. I will just buy a few spares and always have them with me just in case.

im finished with the interior "done" under the hood minus the part Joe is bringing me. Now im trying to finish up some body work on the outside and do some primer work and get it ready for paint. too bad paint wont come b4 sz:cry:

im finished with the interior "done" under the hood minus the part Joe is bringing me. Now im trying to finish up some body work on the outside and do some primer work and get it ready for paint. too bad paint wont come b4 sz:cry:

That sucks man!! Alt east you will have her up here.

Flat black for a primer might not look too bad :cool:

Back