• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Your "SZ get ready" list - start now so you don't run out of time!

-get permission from my mommy to go
-fill up gas tank so low fuel ight goes off, maybe check oil
-pack extra undies for rides in SVTs
-get more McDonalds trays for tray drifting

-get permission from my mommy to go
-fill up gas tank so low fuel ight goes off, maybe check oil
-pack extra undies for rides in SVTs
-get more McDonalds trays for tray drifting

remind me to not let this guy get a ride in my car, I like to keep it clean, unless this is just a joke then :laugh:

remind me to not let this guy get a ride in my car, I like to keep it clean, unless this is just a joke then :laugh:

Haha, that was a joke at the fact that I drive an ATX Zetec, so I'll probably (figurativly speaking) :censored::censored::censored::censored: myself first time I get to ride in an SVT.

Haha, that was a joke at the fact that I drive an ATX Zetec, so I'll probably (figurativly speaking) :censored::censored::censored::censored: myself first time I get to ride in an SVT.

Wait til you go in a 3L one...then a turbo one....the list keeps getting better and better.

Wait til you go in a 3L one...then a turbo one....the list keeps getting better and better.

Until, in the end, you get back to Zetecs because its much easier to get traction with the torque band of a 4 cylinder. Just you guys wait, I bet someone will build a turbo 4cyl with trans and everything, that will run in the 12s or less.

Ok well I will be renting a trailer for sz, all the places around here want more than I wanna spend for one. I will either rent one or look on craigslist for one. I wanted one for around $1,200 or under

Until, in the end, you get back to Zetecs because its much easier to get traction with the torque band of a 4 cylinder. Just you guys wait, I bet someone will build a turbo 4cyl with trans and everything, that will run in the 12s or less.

It doesn't have as much to do with the motor as it does the platform.

w3rd.

As i try to do every year, i've got some things in mind that i haven't seen done before, and since there are now a few people rocking mods i've done in past years, i think i'll be re-working some of those as well.

Last edited:
So hows everyones list coming along? Mine is still not happening lol. I have boxes on boxes here :(

-Fill holes and repaint front bumper
-Install Stazi Mesh mesh for front bumper to hide fmic
-Rent a trailer from u-haul
-Mentally prepare to abuse my body with non stop drinking again
-Buy a set or oem headlights and cf eyebrows-Projectors are now just for show only
-Send an item off to Top Shop to have wrapped in cf:cool:

And thats all thats left.

commitments cost money. i'm in college, i don't have that :censored::censored::censored::censored:. just attend parties. :D

Commitments, damn and I thought you were a pimp, just be straight with them, tell them hey I am broke, I am NOT gonna buy you any drinks or take you anywhere nice. Its the $1.00 menu at mcdonalds and hot nasty lovin:laugh:

On the list, so far
- alignment / wheel balance
- fix passenger side speaker connection
- oil change, belt change
- replace trunk struts (ordered last week)

got the alignment and new tires, didnt' help my vibration problem, so I need to look further into that before driving the car long distance. I have such little desire to pour money into cars right now.

I did buy a new stereo and wiring, tested it out and it sounds great, just need to install fully. Also figured out my washer fluid issue, though I may want to replace the Autozone sprayers with something better.

The rest of the list still exists.

1. Fix my banged up fender/mirror/door
2. Get the stereo done (so I can jam all the way there!)
3. Get some wheels on
4. Buff, buff, polish, and do it some more.....
5. That dang wheel bearing!?!?!?!
6. Buy and install BAT kit

I wish it would warm up here already!

Well scratch ALL of that! No more 'tour, SO gotta get the stang ready:

1. Fix noisy LOUD A/C clutch bearing
2. Install new brakes/lines at all four corners
3. Install entire stereo system
3a. Purchase new 6x8 components and 4 channel amp
4. Re-wire/install gauges
5. Hard-wire po-po detector
6. Find and install some Envoy fog lights
6a. Buy "legal" corners and install them
7. Pull and have Joe powdercoat some misc parts/brackets
8. Buff, buff, polish, and do it some more.....
9. .......I'll think of 20 more things before SZ gets here!

Back