• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Your "SZ get ready" list - start now so you don't run out of time!

1: New tires
2: I pretty much bought everything I wanted last year :( Only thing I can do now is big stuff like a 3L
3: Tyler and I might be attempting a 3L swap the weekend before spring zing. Matters if I can come up with the money or not.

If I so grant the car an extended life, the following.

These are viable to the drive-ability of the car:

-Install heat shield and cone filter (it sits with nothing right now since removing the CAI)
-Replace hood latch.
-Replace power steering pump (or replace faulty lines)
-Replace suspension. Probably BAT.
-Install stock gear selector, or swap to a manual tranny.
-Install stock fog lights. The current set is broken.
-Repaint.

I might gut the car for auto cross, but that's not for SZ.

I need better brakes, springs/struts, and do a tune up, then im good for SZ, I hope you and alot of others plan on autocrossing, I know im doing it!

got the tune up done, she's running great now ready for some racing, well that is once I get the brakes on which are getting done in the next couple weeks. still can't decide what suspension setup I want.

need new tires. other then that just a few little things here and there I can't even think of yet as I haven't seen the car in a few weeks already ....

haven't see the car in many weeks now. still need to get tires. I have some tires I can put on the E1s I have and put them on the car for now. Or I can put those on the SVT and put the E0s I have back on the contour. But that means I would need to leave the snow tires on the Mystique. I am hoping to snag some decent tires for cheap for the Supperleggeras or FSVT wheels.

1. I want to pull the turbo again for a few reasons.
  • up-pipe needs to be rewrapped with header wrap. might use the silicone paint this time
  • I want to put the 8 lb spring back into the wastegate. currently have a 3# spring
  • install the manual remote control for the mbc I have and/or get a two stage controller.
  • as a safetly precaution I think I will change the oil drain rubber hose, or replace it with steel braided line( need to find out if that is a good idea being near a heat source).
  • install new oil restrictor at the turbo, had my father make a nice machined one
  • buy and install proper gaskets for the turbo and wastegate
  • repalce bov to get rid of the :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty RFL. will either geta standard type H so I don't have to pull piping to fit new bov or I will do that I most likely get a tial bov.
  • need to revisit battery relocation and add battery switch or in line fuse since I had issue with the circuit breaker I have.
2. change alternator as I don't like how the voltage drops over time. going to try the previous one I was using with new brushes as it worked well until the brush wore down. otherwise try to locate another 100% new alternator.
3. try again to track down my my instrument cluster will cut out.
4. replace vss as wires are fraying alittle and they are to close to the housing to work on.
5. in general get some more miles driven on the car so I am comfortable driving it to SZ
6. Install Samco Hoses
7. Need to install new rear brake pads.
8. have to think about new parking brake cables
9. After a few more miles on the NPG brake kit I should pull the rotors and paint the unused rotor surface.
10. install DDM tuning HID kit

but then again if all else fails I can just take the SVT again.

Last edited:
We might be bringing the truck to tow, so that's just a heads up for those of you in the NE area that want to buy/sell to SZ folks.
The last time we towed, we hauled Haroon's extra wheels, and some other shiz, which worked out nicely.

So I guess our get ready list is to go buy that trailer we've been eyeing.

We might be bringing the truck to tow, so that's just a heads up for those of you in the NE area that want to buy/sell to SZ folks.
The last time we towed, we hauled Haroon's extra wheels, and some other shiz, which worked out nicely.

So I guess our get ready list is to go buy that trailer we've been eyeing.

does that mean the SVT wouldn't be going this year?

SVT in trailer, cuz we're snobs like that. ;)
No, really because we're getting a trailer for other reasons, so might as well trailer the svt to SZ and have room to haul people's stuff. heh

My less than 5k mile alternator is taking a :censored::censored::censored::censored:. Only putting about 10 volts out right now, so I guess I need to add that to the list :blackeye:.....

Poop. That's why God invented garages :) it hit 50 degrees today and I just wanted to be home to start disassembling things.

We hit 62, it was nice being able to travel between offices and home with the moonroof open, I do enjoy the fresh air.

Last edited:
It hit almost 60 yesterday and I was home with strep throat. I went outside for 4hrs to clean the garage :). HAHA

SVT in trailer, cuz we're snobs like that. ;)
No, really because we're getting a trailer for other reasons, so might as well trailer the svt to SZ and have room to haul people's stuff. heh
sweet, so jess, myself, and baby can ride with you in the truck!!!
:crazy:

Back