• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

i love VVME hids

S2Knott

Hard-core CEG'er
until the drivers ballast burns out after 6 days......

great customer service and good shipping time but i guess the phrase is true....

"wtf can you expect from $60 hids"

got the 10k lights and the 3k fogs and they look amazing and light up everything, its very strange though the 3k fog are green for like 3 minutes until they are fully warm, everyone loves them.

great customer service and good shipping time but i guess the phrase is true....

got the 10k lights and the 3k fogs and they look amazing and light up everything, its very strange though the 3k fog are green for like 3 minutes until they are fully warm, everyone loves them.

Mine still work great :shrug:

Did you contact them for a new ballast?

3k fogs and they look amazing and light up everything, its very strange though the 3k fog are green for like 3 minutes until they are fully warm, everyone loves them.

Normal. Mine do the same. Mine turn yellow after about 15-20 seconds. Its a 4300 bulb with yellow coating. All HID's when first fired up are blue. Blue + yellow = green.

Would you mind posting some pics when you get a chance? Where did you install the four ballasts?

hey i want to buy some hids for my girlfriends car its a 2003 honda civic 30 anniversary edition and dont know what bulb it is. i read off the web its a 9003 bulb, but when i go to vvme.com, i dont see that as an option.any advice??:shrug:and would i have to get Bi-Xenon Model (Dual Beam Xenon) or single beam model . her headlights are both high/low beam on one bulb

i foung this ... so i think i can use the h4 bulbs in my gfs honda .becasue vvme.com has a single beam model kit with h4 bulbs.and whats h4-3 bulbs......im so lost ...wow

9003 and H4 bulbs
look alike, fit in
all the same headlamps, have the same
wattage rating and seem to be completely
interchangeable, but in some
places, the law says that only one or the
other type must be used.

email them, surprisingly their customer care department is excellent and they all can email in english! (their made and sold from china)

i did and they just sent me a site to use and it gave me 9003 . i kno now i have to get Bi-Xenon Model kit ,and think the bulb will be h4-3 but still not sure

dont know wwhat to tell you on that, but ill try to get pics as soon as i get my headlights back and running,

drivers side ballast is screwed into the top of the fuse box which i think is now too close to the engine,

pass side ballast is wedged and zip tied between the back on the housing and behind the windshield wash filler.

with the front bumper off doing the fogs there were to nice convient "pockets" if you will in the frame that the ballast wedged into perfectly then i just ran duck tape all the way around them so they wouldnt move! all done. very easy install the bulbs hook up in like 10 minutes and then you find yourself spending all the time finding where to put the ballast

dont know wwhat to tell you on that, but ill try to get pics as soon as i get my headlights back and running,

drivers side ballast is screwed into the top of the fuse box which i think is now too close to the engine,

pass side ballast is wedged and zip tied between the back on the housing and behind the windshield wash filler.

with the front bumper off doing the fogs there were to nice convient "pockets" if you will in the frame that the ballast wedged into perfectly then i just ran duck tape all the way around them so they wouldnt move! all done. very easy install the bulbs hook up in like 10 minutes and then you find yourself spending all the time finding where to put the ballast

Pictures could def help show exactly what your saying. :)

I did what you did wedged them both though. behind each headlight.

there was no reachable place to drill them so what else would i use?

fishSlap1a.gif

my hids cost me 24$ not including shipping and i had mine for about a year tho. looks awesome!

ok so new ballast came today.....

and another disappointment

at least the light comes on but then flickers and goes off in about 3 seconds everytime.

it does this on both sides, and my passanger side headlight still works with its ballast, so i know the bulb is ok and its nothing on my car that is wrong.

would a relay help? im pissed its been a week w/o a headlight and now i look like a clown with one hid and one regular halogen.....

ok so new ballast came today.....

and another disappointment

at least the light comes on but then flickers and goes off in about 3 seconds everytime.

it does this on both sides, and my passanger side headlight still works with its ballast, so i know the bulb is ok and its nothing on my car that is wrong.

would a relay help? im pissed its been a week w/o a headlight and now i look like a clown with one hid and one regular halogen.....

Call them and raise some hell!!!

Back