• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pics of the 98 contours new lights and HID bulbs!

veryclearandsexy.jpg

nicesideview.jpg

withthemblueeyesandfoglightshesgoin.jpg

tell me what you guys think!

Where did you get these lights? How much did you pay for them?

got the head lights off of ebay off of auto doctors or somthing like that for 127 shipped :)

Not bad... they look good, however, if you ever plan to high tower your headlights, I would get a different set of headlights, in my experience pulling the lenses off of anything non-Ford is the BIGGEST PITA ever.

one of my car's headlights is actually Depo, and one is ford. I didnt find this bit out until I had pulled my Ford one apart then looked at the other. I was SO pissed. So I just "eff it, lets rip into this thing, if I break it I buy new headlights"

Took me about 3 times longer to take apart the non-ford headlight, and 3times longer to reseal it. The glue is weird on them, it doesn't like to come apart and it doesnt like to peel off of the housings.

the Ford one, on the other hand... I found a cute little trick to removing the glue thats a lot faster... You know those Dremel bits that are designed cutting around bathtub tiles to make it easier to remove bathroom tiles? Use one of those bits, taking the glue out of the housing literally takes 5 minutes per light, and I have yet to experience any leaks on my ford light (wont work for the depo light's glue)

those headlights are nice. i wish they made them for 97s :cry:

it is unfortunate that pre98's really dont have any alternative in terms of headlights, but they really are too small to work with. a clear lens certainly would be a nice thing to have, however if you do the headlight clearing that I linked you to in your pics and vids thread, you certainly can make yours look a lot nicer :)

Back