• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

i love VVME hids

...would a relay help? im pissed its been a week w/o a headlight and now i look like a clown with one hid and one regular halogen.....

So unplug the other HID and put the other halogen back in. It takes all of 2 seconds.

So what exactly is going on? Between the headlights and fogs, what is working and what isn't?

i did put the stock bulb back in.

the drivers side headlight worked for about 5 days, and then the ballast shut off, i mounted it on top of the fuse box and i think it got too hot.

anyways so i got a new ballast, and plugged it in, and just turned the lights on and the light just flickers for like 3 seconds and then shuts off.

i have swapped the lights to both ballast and they both work on my passanger side ballast so i know nothing is wrong with the bulb.

just another :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty ballast.

i did put the stock bulb back in.

the drivers side headlight worked for about 5 days, and then the ballast shut off, i mounted it on top of the fuse box and i think it got too hot.

anyways so i got a new ballast, and plugged it in, and just turned the lights on and the light just flickers for like 3 seconds and then shuts off.

i have swapped the lights to both ballast and they both work on my passanger side ballast so i know nothing is wrong with the bulb.

just another :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty ballast.

Sounds like another bad ballast. The heat shouldn't effect it that much on top of the fuse box. Mine was mounted there before I bought the car. I have had my ballasts wedged behind the headlights for a year now with no problems. Then again, they are Hella and not china-made vvme.

thats funny, because a friend of mine did a group buy on the sentra forums for VVME's months ago. also sold some sets to my friends. no one has had any problems yet

thats funny, because a friend of mine did a group buy on the sentra forums for VVME's months ago. also sold some sets to my friends. no one has had any problems yet

I also have many friends with VVME HID's. I ordered quite a few for them in the past. I have only seen one problem with a ballast. The kit came with one non-working ballast.

yea i guess they just messed up twice out of no where, i love the customer service and the shipping time especially from china, and the lights look great, so many complements on my 3k fogs its great, everyone loves the green warm up period too

call china.... are you mad????

email them, surprisingly their customer care department is excellent and they all can email in english! (their made and sold from china)

Is this the website for the company? If it is then why do you keep saying china?

Company info..... VVME Limited Liability Company.
16192 Coastal Highway
Lewes, DE 19958, USA
Tel_US: +1 (302) 476 2588

the company is based in china although its a german made product, and the guy who emails me is named Long Han. so thats chinese

A component in the ballast may be German made but I have trouble believing the whole thing is since they fail so often.

Just installed some on my friend's GTI w/ projectors. Looks good and super easy install. I was worried after he bought them and I stumbled upon this thread. He went with the 8k's. They look good, but I would have gone with the 6's.

Back