• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The Puff

Brent372

Official SE Event Coordinator
My step-son was cleaning his room and found a 1999 issue of Road and Track with a write-up of the SVT Contour Puff.
I will be seeing him this weekend and he is bringing it with him.
Little does he know that he won't be getting it back.

Pics (and hopefully the article) will be scanned up posted here of course !!!

LOL @ JVT in the background of the first shot.

Puffer, my inspiration a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

I remember talking to Dave Dempster, the SVT Engineer, about details of how they plumbed the system and had a 1st gear lock out to control traction.

Still the lamest name ever. All I can think about when I hear the name is the Powerpuff Girls and how it should be pink.

Still the lamest name ever. All I can think about when I hear the name is the Powerpuff Girls and how it should be pink.

It is a feeble name. Just seems feminine and delicate every time I hear it, like a powder puff.

puff because once you push the button you hear the theme song " puff goes the motor! hole in the block from spray, and in the realm of CEG a 3L is on the way!!!" (puff the magic draon parody)

puff because once you push the button you hear the theme song " puff goes the motor! hole in the block from spray, and in the realm of CEG a 3L is on the way!!!" (puff the magic draon parody)

HA! That was almost funny...

Almost.. but not quite...

it would take a while......well maybe not with the NOS brand kit....the plastic bottle brackets would break when you take a SVT worthy corner, and the bottle would break, leak into the inside of the car, get you all high, and you would drive into the median and crash.

hmm. kinda sounds like black sheep almost.

it would take a while......well maybe not with the NOS brand kit....the plastic bottle brackets would break when you take a SVT worthy corner, and the bottle would break, leak into the inside of the car, get you all high, and you would drive into the median and crash.

hmm. kinda sounds like black sheep almost.

No, no, no. Needs more Heavy Metal:

"Hey man, do we have any of that plutonium nyborg left?"
"Yea, just one bag. It's in the transmitter compartment."

Cut to killer tunes and some smooooooooth flight.

"You OK to land this thing?"
"Sure man. It's like you know your perspective is F*****, but you just gotta let your hands work the controls as if you were straight."

if you were trying to bash me, that was a sad attempt. whatever though ;) plastic bottle clamps make me giggle. the bottles are just fine though ;) was sarcasm on my end for sure. trapps, i guess i don't know if i am smart enough to see his humor correctly.

plastic bottle clamps? They were black powdercoated steel on Puff...

Last edited:
if you were trying to bash me, that was a sad attempt. whatever though ;) plastic bottle clamps make me giggle. the bottles are just fine though ;) was sarcasm on my end for sure. trapps, i guess i don't know if i am smart enough to see his humor correctly.

Sad attempt? If I were trying to bash you,

Nevermind.

search YouTube for Heavy Metal - Extraction. It's near the end of the clip...

You'll find an analogy to driving under the influence. Instead of N2O it's with plutonian nyborg. God I miss college.

HERE IT IS

HERE IT IS

Road & Track
September 1999
Volume 51, Number 1
Page 95

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THE HYPERLINK BELOW!!!

THIS IS A 4-PAGE PDF THAT IS 15MB IN SIZE!

INSTEAD, RIGHT-CLICK ON IT AND SELECT "SAVE TARGET AS" AND THEN SAVE IT TO YOUR LOCAL COMPUTER.
(This way you can look at it as many times as you want without downloading it again).

BANDWIDTH ISN'T CHEAP!!!

The Article...

Last edited:
I read it at work, but then got busy before I could snag a screenshot and post a jpg of it so people wouldn't have to d/l the pdf. :p

Have any Puff's ever been located? My guess is in some warehouse or storage shed with low miles.

There aren't any "Puffs" just Puff, only one was made. It currently resides in a Ford Storage facility in the Dearborn, MI area.

Back