• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 08 info

i'll be leaving the 14th later towards night time. if you wanna meet up, my place is 30 seconds from 90W(road you will be taking). i know the way to michigan, so you can just follow me

im leaving early on the 14th. there is NO WAY i can drive at night i'll fall asleep. I don't trust my night driving either :laugh:

Some things you might want to look into before you go is to check all fluid levels (oil, coolant, tranny, brake, power steering).
If you're close to needing an oil change, you may want to consider doing that before the trip because you should expect to put on a good 1,000 miles or so (round trip).
Make sure all lug nuts are torqued to proper specs on your wheels.
Make sure tire pressure is at adequate levels on all 4 tires.
Check tire pressure on your spare tire.
Practice up on your tire changing skills in case you need to change a flat.
Check your wiper blades to see if they need replacing. If they're good, at least be sure the wipers work and the blades are securely installed.
We pretty much always hit a storm on the way out because of how the storm systems move across the US.

I'm sure Brian will post up more checklist items to fill in where I missed stuff.

Damn woman.....you just took all the fun out of the trip.

FYI:

There is a toll in OH, take the ticket and when you get off, the toll is $6.25. EZ-Pass isn't accepted.

Also, there are few sections of highway that are down to one lane. We moved smoothly through yesterday but be prepared, depending on what time you pass through there.

Back