• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 3L Project

The shop called me and informed me that the cams arent moving when the engine is running. The engine runs on 3 cyl and looks like I lost the timing chain or a valve. Either way I guess I have to pull the engine again.

SUCKS! Where are things now?

I have to sell it...I cant do it anymore...I also cant post to the classified to list this so I will do it here...

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour
Blk/Mdnght Blu
124K Miles on the Body
3.0l from 3lduratec (running on 3 cyl)
MSDS Headers & Y-Pipe
Custom Exhaust w/Flows (no Res)
Mirko Intake Adapter
K&N Filter
Optimized TB
Less than 100 miles on tires
2 extra tires with 60% tread left on them

Also comes with the stock 2.5l motor.
I dont want to part out...I just need it out of my driveway. If i have time I will tinker with it to see if I can get it running better...
I have a ton of cash tied up in this...looking to get $3k very-neg...

If 3l duratec built this motor, Id be looking at them to figure out why your cams are 'not spinning'

If 3l duratec built this motor, Id be looking at them to figure out why your cams are 'not spinning'

He was initially, we were trying to get him to send the motor back so we could tear into it and determine the issue. I think he is done putting money into the car including the cost to remove the engine.

Last edited:
Yeah, it would cost me another $600 to take out the motor...I cant afford to troubleshoot this anymore. If someone buys this, maybe blackcoog would be willing to check it out for them...I also forgot to include the XCAL2 stuff in my listing.

I am just going to sell it!! I am too frustrated now. My loss your gain...I will post this in the classifieds too.

$2750 takes it all....

I am just going to sell it!! I am too frustrated now. My loss your gain...I will post this in the classifieds too.

$2750 takes it all....

I have to sell it...I cant do it anymore...I also cant post to the classified to list this so I will do it here...

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour
Blk/Mdnght Blu
124K Miles on the Body
3.0l from 3lduratec (running on 3 cyl)
MSDS Headers & Y-Pipe
Custom Exhaust w/Flows (no Res)
Mirko Intake Adapter
K&N Filter
Optimized TB
Less than 100 miles on tires
2 extra tires with 60% tread left on them

Also comes with the stock 2.5l motor.
I dont want to part out...I just need it out of my driveway. If i have time I will tinker with it to see if I can get it running better...

Back