• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Post Your/Cool Shift Knobs.

part # 1S7Z-7213-A

and thats from the UK, so your local ford may not know what it is.

Sweet, thanks!

Can I order this at my local Ford dealer?

What?? You could get that on the US Focus ST. We had a GB on these knobs through Tousley Ford a while back. Search in the GB forum for part numbers and prices (search for Ford Racing Shifter). :D

EDIT: I found it for you...

Well I just got off the phone with Steve. The Cougar shift knobs from what he can tell are NOT being discontinued. They only had 12, now 9 in stock. Its just not an item they keep a large stock in as Ford doesn't sell that many.

However the RS Focus shift knob pictured above IS discontinued (atleast for ordering through Ford) and there are none available. However if they were Steve sells them for $22.

As far as the other parts, here are the details:

Focus ST knob, (basically cougar knob with red stiching) -- $35.71 + S/H
1S7Z-7213-A
P1010134.jpg

Cougar knob (9 available as of now) -- $43.94 + S/H
1S8Z-7213-BB

I'll get pictures up later tonight when Steve sends them to me (He has to do it from his house).

Last edited:
here's a pic of mine. when i got the car, the shift knob was all worn out and cut up, so i pulled the shift diagram plastic off, filed the knob down to shape, then fiberglassed over it. mine's definitely one of a kind, even has the initials of my friends' band stiched into the top, but it's not finished. i need to strip the paint and smooth it down some more, it didn't fill in quite as well as i wanted it to.
p00500xf7.jpg

One a nice hott summer day i'm sure you could brand youself with this thing!
knobby1.JPG

Leather is the only way to go for me!

sorry, here's a better pic:
cimg0793pu7.jpg

again, it's not finished. i'm going to break it back down and make it a lot smoother. the lines on top are actually from stitching in the fiberglass. the letters "OC" are my friends' band name, but it didn't come out like i wanted, so i'm going to get rid of it.

Just finally finished my shift knob. I was screwin around with fiber glass, but just couldn't get it how i wanted it. So I wound up filing the whole damn thing down to the base and put one thick layer of Bondo on it, add filing and sanding for about 3 hours, a couple coats of krylon fusion, and presto!!! You can see some air bubbles, just because I didn't like squeegee the bondo on, but i honestly couldn't care less now, it looks pretty good considering I've never done anything like this before. Now I just have to get my shortened shifter rethreaded....
(progress shots below):

863168875_a5ce609fc6.jpg

863168899_626dd36486.jpg

863168905_dcbe6411a2.jpg

863168911_eb4bacf180.jpg

863168921_1b234c53db.jpg

863168927_ef4d59c431.jpg

Late to the thread: billet Roush shift knob. I have since squared it up, so it reads stright across. It's on an Arospeed billet short shifter, and the reverse lock is still functional.

1259965727_a1bb1a5b68.jpg

I'm looking for a shift knob that has a button in it for nitrous if I haven't been able to find one yet. Anyone know if one is made that keeps the reverse lockout stay functional?

I'm looking for a shift knob that has a button in it for nitrous if I haven't been able to find one yet. Anyone know if one is made that keeps the reverse lockout stay functional?

check your local auto parts store right next to the headlight fluid section.

seriously, nitrous in a contour??? :shrug:

because ... nitrous destroys engines.

wrong: nitrous oxide does not destroy engines. lack of fuel destroys engines. this occurs when you press the button for the the Nitrous Oxide and you dont have any way to up the fuel output. it is most common on dry injection systems as the injectors have to add the extra fuel. a wet system injects extra fuel with the nitrous from the same nozzle and therefor is less likely to run too lean..

Oh my sweet heaven...:rolleyes:

So what are you doing with a cold-air intake and a short-shifter and a "straight-piped exhaust" then, Vin Diesel?

apparently this is the season where idiots come to the forums. nothing i've done damages my car at all. however, shooting nitrous oxide into your engine not only eats away at metal inside your block and head, but also screws up your fuel injectors, wears out the lining in your cat and muffler, and the stress alone of hitting the rpms you'll hit with nitrous is a lot more than any zetec or duratec should handle.

Back